- DOMAINE DE VERSAILLES
- FREE VISIT
- TREASURE HUNT-INVESTIGATION
- GUIDED TOURS
- THE TRIANON ESTATE
- IN THE CITY OF VERSAILLES
The Versailles estate
Stroll in the park of the Palace of Versaillesvisit of the castle, boat ride, visit of the domain of Marie AntoinetteTrianon's castles... Of all the castles of Ile de France, the Palace of Versailles and its domain are the epitome of excess in the age of Louis XIV and the height of elegance.
The castle and its 2,300 rooms (not all of which can be seen), as well as the magnificent 800-hectare park, will fascinate children.
In Versailles, many activities are offered for children. With your Passport ticket, discover the gardens, ponds, groves and fountains, all set to the rhythm of Baroque music, during the Grandes Eaux Musicales and Jardins musicaux (free for children aged 0 to 5) on weekends from April to October, on Tuesdays in May and June, and on public holidays.
Some advice before you come
- Start by visiting the castle (entrance A) and take the audio guide. Audioguides are included in the price of adult tickets.
- Chained by the visit of gardens and groves, with the great musical waters in summer.
- Head to the Grand Canal and picnic on its lawns. If you have not planned sandwiches, buy them at one of the garden restoration points, or have lunch at one of the two restaurants located north of the Canal
- Then discover the Trianon, Big and Small. They only open at midday.
- And end with a stroll through Hameau de la Reine with its factories and farm ...
- Remember to reserve your tickets for the Château de Versailles, otherwise you'll be queuing twice: once to pick up your ticket and then to enter the château.
- If possible, avoid weekends and Tuesday, busy days.
- We advise you to visit the Château at 9am when it opens. Then go to the Trianon domain from noon.
- The estate of Versailles is 800 hectares so do not hesitate to take the small train to get to the domain of Marie Antoinette.
Self-guided tour of the Versailles estate
Admission to the estate, including the château, is free for children (under 18 and under 26 EU residents).
Visit the Château de Versailles
* Entrance ticket for the Palace of Versailles gives access at the Gardens except during the performances of the Musical Fountains or the Musical Gardens days (April to October)
** Entrance ticket for the Palace of Versailles, access to the Gardens (however, a supplement must be paid on the days of the fountain and musical garden shows), access to the Trianon domain, access to the carriage gallery weekends, and during the Christmas vacations
- The entrance to the Domaine is free for children (-18 years old and -26 years old EU residents)
- The Great Musical Waters and the musical gardens are free for children under 6 years old
- Hourly reservations are compulsory for all, including those benefiting from free admission.
2 hours to save the King" treasure hunt
- Best sale in Versailles in the Leisure category
- Age : from 10 years old
- duration : 2h
- What This is a treasure hunt (or investigation game) played in teams (around 6-8 people per team).
- Where in the gardens of the Château de Versailles or in the town of Versailles)
Guided tours of the Château de Versailles
- Family tours are for children aged 7 and over.
- They are led by a tour guide specializing in young audiences.
- Groups of up to 22 people
- Duration: 1h30
- These tours are a great success during the vacation season. We advise you to book as soon as possible.
And also, A guided tour (for the general public) of the Château de Versailles with guide - In French, English, Spanish - Max 20 pers.
The Trianon Estate
- It is composed of the Petit Trianon, Grand Trianon, Hameau de la Reine, the farm...
- It is one of the jewels of the Palace of Versailles
- The park is beautiful and it is nice to walk around
- The Hameau de la Reine and its thatched and half-timbered buildings have a great charm
- The animal farm will please the children (horses, sheep, goats...)
- Passport ticket gives access to the Domaine de Trianon and the Hameau de la Reine
- But you can also take a ticket only for the Marie-Antoinette's domain
Family activities in Versailles
Because, in addition to the château, Versailles is a magnificent and historic town .... Discover the historic center of Versailles!
In Versailles (in the Yvelines)
Enigma walk: treasure hunt in Versailles (castle district)
Events and shows at the Palace of Versailles
- Les Grandes Eaux Musicales (every weekend from April to the end of October). During the Grandes Eaux Musicales, the fountains fail in music and exceptionally parts of the park usually closed are accessible to the public. At the time of Louis XIV, groves were open-air lounges hidden in the heart of the wooded areas of the garden. We went to these places reserved for parties and entertainment to snack, listen to music or dance.
- The Musical Gardens Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays until the end of October. Walk to the rhythm of Baroque music (Lully, Rameau, Charpentier ...), in the heart of French gardens.
- The big nocturnal waters Every Saturday from June to September (8:30 pm to 11 pm). A 2h30 walk to the rhythm of baroque music, in the sumptuous French gardens of the Château de Versailles. The whole is set in water and light. The evening ends with a great fireworks display at 10:50 pm. It is simply magical
- The Royal Serenade in the Hall of Mirrors Every Saturday from June to September (5 sessions per evening of 40 minutes: 6:30 pm - 6:50 pm - 7:10 pm - 7:30 pm - 7:50 pm). An opportunity to discover the Grands Appartements of the Château de Versailles in the company of baroque musicians and dancers
- The King's journey from the Hall of Mirrors to the King's apartments: the magic of Christmas in the Hall of Mirrors. An exceptional show
Birthday -Scavenger hunt at Versailles or in the château grounds
Come and celebrate your birthday with your friends in the gardens of the Château de Versailles or in the streets of Versailles. Your mission will be to find who the murderer is in order to save the king. No stress, no need for historical knowledge particular. You'll have to solve puzzles as a team and get back to the guide within the allotted time.
Activities for children at the Château de Versailles
- Small train to explore the Park and reach more remote sites such as the Domaine de Trianon. 8.50 € full price for a complete tour departing from the Château. 6.50 € for people aged 11 to 18, free for children under 11. Possibility of getting on and off at various stops within the limit of one lap. Return to the Château: 4.60 €. Depending on the season, trains run every 10, 15 or 20 minutes.
- Ride in small electric vehicle to take full advantage of the estate. The vehicles can take 4 people and are equipped with a geolocation system and an audioguide in 8 languages. Unfortunately, it is not given: 38 € per hour per vehicle
- Boat on the Grand Canal . 4 people per boat or 5 people if there are children. 14 € per half hour, 18 € per hour, 4.50 € per additional quarter hour
- Bicycle rental with the possibility of taking a bicycle to one point and bringing it back to another. 7 € per half-hour, 9 € per hour, 19 € half-day (4h), 21 € one day (8h)
- Game books for children, as well as exhibition game books, can be downloaded from the official Château de Versailles website.