WE love a very nice retrospective of a painter very accessible to young people.
Age : for all, from 6 years free visit. Family workshops from 2 years
Duration: October 21 to February 21, 2020
FREE: for children under 18 years old
Location: Pompidou Center (Paris 4th)
Matisse, like a novel: the new exhibition at the Centre Pompidou
- On the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the birth of Henri Matisse (1869-1954), the Centre Pompidou pays tribute to him with an exhibition of major works, some of which have not been seen in France since the great retrospective devoted to Matisse in 1970 at the Grand Palais.
- The exhibition presents more than 230 works and 70 documents and archives.
- Cut into 9 "chapters", the route is chronological, from its beginnings around 1890 to the 1950s.
- The exhibition attempts to explore the text/image entanglement within Matisse's work. "The importance of an artist is measured by the quantity of new signs he has introduced into the plastic language": Henri Matisse.
- This painter, sculptor, draftsman, engraver wanted to find "a writing for each object".
- Each of the nine sequences in the exhibition is illuminated by the view of an author on Matisse's work. The following members of the Board of Directors were also present: Louis Aragon, Georges Duthuit, Dominique Fourcade, Clément Greenberg, Charles Lewis Hind, Pierre Schneider, Jean Clay and Henri Matisse himself. The exhibition questions Matisse's relationship to all writing - from the plastic sign to the word.
- A major exhibition.
"Inside Matisse": The workshop for children around the Matisse exhibition
- "Inside Matisse." the workshop for children from 2 to 10 years old around the Matisse exhibition.
- Immersed in colour and paper, combined with body and balance games, the children experience composition in a different way. A time of practice before meeting the brilliant compositions of Henri Matisse.
- Children must be accompanied by at least one adult throughout the workshop.
- Full price 10 €, child, 8 €
- Duration: 2h
- Workshops at 14:30:
- October 21 to 31
- every Saturday and Sunday from 7 November to 20 December
- from December 21st to January 3rd
- every Saturday and Sunday from January 9th to February 14th
- February 15 to 21