- WE love : a small exposure at child's height
- Age : for all, from 6 years old
- Duration: until February 3, 2019
- Location: Maillol Museum (Paris 7th)
The Giacometti exhibition of the Maillol museum in Parispresent through a journey chronological and thematic, 50 sculptures of the artistall from the Giacometti Foundation. The itinerary proposes a rereading of Giacometti's works in dialogue with the greats. classical sculptors and the moderns of his time.
The Giacometti exhibition: an exhibition at child's height
The exhibition Giacometti "between tradition and avant garde" present fifty sculptures of Giacometti, from his beginnings to the famous "man who walks" of the years 60. The exhibition is very accessible to young audiences. Clear, sober, didactic without being boring. The presentation is chronological and thematic. It begins with the works of youth, works less well-known pre-war Giacometti. Here we discover a Giacometti who seeks his inspiration both from the side of the surrealists, sometimes towards the primitive arts. The exhibition ends in beauty with the great filiform and mythical sculptures that made the artist famous. We will admire in particular the series of "The Walking Man".
The Giacometti exhibition: a dialogue between the artist and his sculptor contemporaries
The Giacometti exhibition puts the artist's works into perspective with those of the big names. of the classical and modern sculpture of his time. Thus the exhibition presents 25 works of art by artists major next to Giacometti's sculptures. The exhibition seeks to shed light on the relationships between Giacometti and his masters (Bourdelle, Maillol, Rodin) and the avant-garde and contemporary sculptors of Giacometti such as Brancusi, Zadkine, or Laurens...
Visits-workshops for children of the exhibition Giacometti
- Every Saturday from October 6 to January 19
- at 11 o'clock
- Duration 1h15
- For children 6 to 12 years old
- The children discover the famous sculptures created by Alberto Giacometti and the work of his contemporaries such as Zadkine, Richier or Maillol. At the end of the visit, they can in turn create an small sculpture made of wire and aluminium foil reminiscent of the long silhouettes created by Giacometti.
- Introduce yourself 15 minutes before the start of the animation
- Price: 13 €