Digital experience at the Atelier des Lumières
THE EXHIBITION "Van Gogh, the starry night
- WE LOVE : a total and bluffing sensory experience
- AGE: for all, from 4 years old
- DATE: until January 5, 2020
- LOCATION: the Atelier des Lumières (Paris 11e)
The Atelier des Lumières, the new cultural place in Paris
- The Workshop of Lights opened in the spring of 2018 in a former smelter in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. This very large exhibition space is perfectly suited to the ambitions of this new Parisian cultural venue.
- The founding principle is put technology at the service of the artistic tradition by appropriating classical pictorial works to make them into gigantic video projections.
- It is another way to organize exhibitions, to discover art, it's amazing and it will please the young publicfor sure!
- In a space of 2000 m2 and 10 meters high, Van Gogh's works are projected on the floor, the ceiling and the walls.
- It is a visual shock, the colors explode. A music accompanies the projection. We are plunged into a sound and light XXL size. More than 3000 images set in motion by 140 laser projectors make this immersive art.
Van Gogh, the starry night: the major works come to life in XXL format
- The second exhibition of the Atelier des Lumières is dedicated to Van Gogh (after the one of Klimt last year which was a huge success)
- We particularly admire The Potato Eaters (1885), the Sunflowers (1888), The Starry Night (1889) and The Bedroom (1889)
- All on a grand scale and with music. It's a sight and sound experience. The masterpieces come to life, revealing all the feverish strength of Van Gogh's brush, to the bewitching music of Luca Longobardi
- In addition to Van Gogh, the Atelier des Lumières presents a projection on Japanese pictorial art. It is magical and wonderful. Animated monsters dance before your eyes. It is perhaps even more beautiful than Van Gogh!
- No pedagogy, but pure emotion. For about 1 hour, the works of art unfold around you, allowing you to admire the detail of a work and then its whole
- A very different experience from a classic exhibition but just as stimulating. The kids will love. They are free to move around as they please in this immersive space, to dance to the music in rhythm with the explosion of colors.
- A different, playful exhibition that really gets your eyes going.