- WE love : The exhibition devoted to Picasso's early works
- Age :for all, from 7 years old
- Duration:until January 6, 2019
- Location: Museum of Orsay (Paris 7th)
Paris hosts two major exhibitions dedicated to Picasso. In addition to the exhibition "Picasso Bleu et Rose" at the Musée d'Orsay, which presents the works of his youth, the museum Picasso brings together the masterpieces of Picasso on the occasion of his exhibition "Picasso, Masterpieces!". These 2 exhibitions are naturally complementary and are both very suitable for young audiencesespecially since they organize family visits and workshops especially for children.
PICASSO BLUE AND PINK: Picasso's early works
The exhibition "Picasso Bleu et Rose" presents the works of the years 1900-1906, called blue then pink period. It is an essential moment in Picasso's career. In 1900, Picasso was 19 years old and he began to break away from academic painting. The blue period is characterized by emaciated emaciated characters, of a great sadness. "It was with Casagemas in mind that I started to paint in blue". said Picasso. Casagemas was a close friend of Picasso who shot himself in the head, for a story of heart. In the blue period, succeeds the pink period which is more appeased with portraits of acrobats. The exhibition Picasso Bleu et Rose presents about 300 works: paintings, drawings and also Picasso's sculpted and engraved production during these years. years.
PICASSO BLEU ET ROSE: the exhibition also for children from 7 years old
As usual, the Musée d'Orsay is organising events for young people public. In our opinion, the exhibition "Picasso Bleu et Rose" is perfectly adapted to the visit for children. This is an opportunity for them to discover Picasso's first steps with these major works of works of his youth. In addition to the free visits, the Musée d'Orsay offers especially for children: THE FAMILY VISIT: "Hola Pablo! ".
- for 6 - 12 years old
- Duration: 1h30
- The visit offers families the chance to discover the imprint of Iberian culture, light, dance, song and the great masters of Spanish painting the light, the dances, the songs and the great masters of Spanish painting, of which Picasso Picasso always felt he was the heir.
- Saturdays at 11am
- 2 accompanying adults maximum per child
- Accompanying adults must pay for the Musée d'Orsay entrance ticket in addition to the visit Adult price already in possession of a museum ticket = 5.50 € -Adult price including museum ticket including museum entrance ticket = 17€ -Child price = 5.50