- Exhibition -
Until July 23, 2023
Until July 23, 2023
- Age : for all, Starting from 7 years old
- duration 1h45 approx.
- Date until July 23, 2023
- schedule from 9:30 am to 6 pm
- Opening Tuesday to Sunday we of the Ascension, the July 14th (closed on Monday)
- Nocturne Thursday until 9:45 pm
- Prices : 17€ per adult ticket
- Reduced price at night 13€ (from 7:00 pm on Thursday)
- Free for the -26 years old
- To know: Your ticket to book onlineThe "Musée d'Orsay" website allows you to see all the exhibitions of the Musée d'Orsay (permanent and temporary)
An exhibition at the Musée d'Orsay to explore with your family, with children and teenagers to find with happiness all the colors and themes of these two artists who speak to all generations
Manet and Degas, between complicity and rivalry
- While we thought we knew everything aboutEdouard Manet (1832-1883) author of the famous "Lunch on the grass"and Edgar Degas (1934-1917) known for his small dancers of the OperaThis very rhythmic exhibition tackles a subject that was previously unknown to the general public: the relationship between two great modern painterss. As much rapprochement as disagreement ...
- The exhibition covers the period 1860-1880. Manet is worldly. Modern, he transgresses the artistic conventions and plays with the press, while Edgar Degas has a more closed character, secret, he paints the intimate and remains close to impressionism.
- Opposite on choices of styles, they debate bitterly, but for all that, they frequent the same intellectual circles, and cabarets, and work with the same merchants and collectors ...
- The scenes of cabaretshorse racing is their favourite theme
- From their deep antagonisms a rich and fertile competing artistic production is born, which will give birth to the Modernity
- What reveals to us this beautiful Parisian exhibitionit is finally the deep attachment that Manet and Degas had towards each other, then .... Friends or enemies?
The exhibition and the museum with children
- A course for young peopleIn the exhibition, there are labels specifically written for children to encourage them to stop in front of selected works and to better understand them
- The workshop-visits for young people "Walk, trot, gallop" are organized for children from 6 to 8 years old and of 9 à 12 years (reservation at the museum)
- Visit "The masterpieces of Orsay explained to children is playful and takes children into the secret world of Millet, Monet, Seurat, Renoir and many others
Another exhibition at the Musée d'Orsay
- "Pastels. From Millet to Redon". until July 2, 2023
The Musée d'Orsay, one of the most beautiful impressionist collections in the world
- The Museum of Orsay installed in the old Orsay station, is a very beautiful space. The architecture and the scenography of the museum alone justify its visit!
- He presents painting and sculpture from the mid-nineteenth century to the First World War.
- It is especially the collection of Impressionist paintings that is absolutely extraordinary.
- Impossible to list all the artists who are exhibited there Bonnard, Cézanne, Courbet, van Gogh, le Douanier Rousseau, Manet, Monet, Morisot... to name a few.
- It is today a museum, devoted mainly to French painting between 1860 and 1930
- In our opinion, this is theone of the most beautiful museums of paintings in Paris
The Musée d'Orsay and its exhibitions that enchanted us
- Rosa Bonheur (1822-1899) October 18, 2022 to January 15, 2023
- Gaudí April 12 to July 17, 2022
- Cinema at last! Arts, images and shows in France until January 16, 2022
- Signac collector until February 13, 2022
- Masterpieces of the Frick Collection Whistler's portraits and landscapes: February 8 to May 8, 2022
Exhibitions currently or soon in Paris
La Villette - Espace Chapiteaux (Paris 19e)
Tim Burton, the labyrinth
From May 19 to August 28, 2023