Discover the home of a 15th century prince
A museum on a child?s scale
The Jean Sans Peur tower is one of the best kept medieval secrets of Paris! Indeed, this ancient fortification tower built in Paris in the 15th century by Duke John I of Burgundy, is converted today into a museum for children. The visit of the Tower of John the Fearless is the occasion to discover the history of the city.a short and instructive dive into the world of the Middle Ages. The permanent collection and temporary exhibitions The history, architecture and life of the society at the time of John the Fearless are presented in a lively way.
The John the Fearless Tower: a small museum ideal with children
- The "Family Show Tour, guided tours of the tower preceded by a shadow play (with Carole Visconti, storyteller, actress and historian). One Sunday per month. Reservations required by email [email protected] or by phone 01 40 26 20 28
- the course-games for 4-6 years old and for 7-12 years old offered at the reception desk and which allow a very playful visit of the Tower; there is a English version;
- the little reading corner with its cushionson the first floor, where the children can wait for the older ones;
- the minimum price of the entrance ticket 6? for adults, 3? for 7/18 year olds and free for children.
- a short visit which allows to understand very well the life in the Middle Ages;
- availability of staff at the reception for chat with children after the visit;
- The Fearless John Tower is open all year round from 1:30 to 6:00 pm from Wednesday to Sunday. The visit is done without prior reservation. Just go to the reception of the tower.