December and its festive atmosphere. Paris lights up with Christmas decorations. The end-of-year festivities in Paris are joyful, and the events numerous. Discover our selection of family outings and activities in Paris. Last but not least, don't miss our roundup of activities open on december 25 and those possible January 1st.
The fun news for the month of December with your family
at the Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie
La grande fête des enfants - Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie
Musée des Armées (Paris 7e)
The feast of Saint Barbara, the feast of the artillerymen...
Family visits to museums in December
At the Opéra Garnier, the Louvre... Many visits are scheduled during the vacations.
Top exhibitions in December 2023
- Seth (ages 3 and up) at Musée en Herbe
- Felines (ages 5 and up) at the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution
- Metamorphoses (for 6-11 year-olds), at Cité des Sciences
- Van Gogh in Auvers sur Oise (ages 6 and up), at the Musée d'Orsay
- The Paris of Modernity (ages 9 and up) at the Petit Palais
- Eternal Notre-Dame (from 11 years old) the VR visit - under the parvie of N.D.
- Chagall and Paul Klee Atelier des Lumières (for all), Atelier des Lumières
- The World of Banksy (for teens), at Espace Lafayette Drouot
Family visits to museums in December 2023
At the Opéra Garnier, the Louvre, the Pantheon, the Musée d'Orsay...
Attention: during school vacations, some visits fill up very quickly
Unusual visits in the streets of Paris
- Paris in cartoons (from 5 / 6 years old)
- Tell me about Montmartre (from 6 years old)
- The fantastic and mysterious Paris (from 8 years old) : discover the Paris of alchemists, cursed kings and the philosopher's stone
- The Eternal Spirit of Montmartre (from 8 years old)
- Father Lachaise's Inquiry (from 8 years old)
- The Latin Quarter Crime (from 8 years old)
- The plot of the Covered Passages (from 8/10 years old)
- Magic of the Marais (from 8/10 years old)
- The Royal Palace Investigation (from 10 years old)
- Myths and secrets of the Bastille (from 10 - 11 years old)
- The Paris of Crime (for teens)
- Street art tours in Belleville, Montmartre or in the Marais (for all ages)
Outdoor escapes game in Paris
To discover a district of Paris in team. Top n°1 in sales!
- The mysteries of Montmartre (ages 6-9)
- The covered walkways (ages 6-9)
- In the heart of Saint-Germain (from 10 years old)
- The covered walkways (from 10 years old)
- The mysteries of Montmartre (from 10 years old)
- The Enigma of Arsène Lupin on the Ile de la Cité (from 10 years old)
- The Secrets of the Marsh (from 10/11 years old)
- In the Latin Quarter (from 12 years old)
- Investigation in the Halles district (from 12/13 years old)
- Street art at the Butte aux Cailles (from 13 years old)
Other fun ideas to discover Paris ...
- TUK-TUK : the walk from 1h30 in the streets of Paris (with children of all ages)
- QUAD 1h30 visit of Paris (with teenagers)
- CROSSING on the Seine (classic version) or special version for children (ages 8-12)
- KIDS TOUR 1h30 on board a panoramic bus - seat on the upper deck assured (for 7-12 years old)
- STROLL SHOT IN PARIS WITH A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER (for all ages; great for families)
Castles in the Paris region
What to do in the evening in December?
- One of the SHOWS end of the year
- TUK-TUK THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS TOUR Night walk (with a guide) - NEW (with children of all ages)
- ELECTRIC QUAD Night ride with a guide (from 9 years old if not driving the quad)
- PANORAMIC BUS : the Christmas Lights Tour (at 6pm - duration 1h30) There are still places available from December 13 to 17
- A CRUISE ON THE SEINE with THE RIVERBOATS (last departure at 9:30 pm), with the PARISIAN BOATS (last departure at 9pm) or a DINNER CRUISE ON THE SEINE
- THE MONTPARNASSE TOWER by night (to enjoy one of the most beautiful views of Paris)
- THE ARC OF TRIUMPH by night (to enjoy one of the most beautiful views of Paris)
- LIGHTS IN THE SEINE : the magical night stroll in the park of Saint-Cloud
- THE KING'S JOURNEY : great show at the Palace of Versailles
- FUNFAIR AT THE TUILERIES (until 11:45 pm)
What to do around Paris in December?
- 2 hours to save the king The outdoor escape game to discover the historic district of Versailles
- Revolution Tower The guided tour of the French Revolution at Versailles
- The King's journeyThe show visit at the Palace of Versailles
Where to see animals with children?
Our reduced rates in December
The cruise in Bateaux-Mouches : reduced rate from 2 tickets purchased
The Vedettes de Paris morning guided cruise 35% on adult ticket
The Vedettes de Paris Family Cruise : reduced rate from 2 tickets purchased
Paris by Night panoramic bus tour : -15%
Bus Hop On Hop Off : – 15%
Commented ride on an electric Quad : – 14% discount
Electric scooter rental : -20% discount
Science Experiments : -10% on all tickets
Aqua Ciné Aquarium : reduced rate on adult and child duets
Escape Games in the streets of Paris : -10% discount
Unusual guided tours : -10% discount
The Puzzle Walks : -20% discount
Visits and shows with comedians : -20% discount