February 25 at 3pm
- Program : The Song of the Nightingale
- Age : for all, from 8 years old
- Date : February 25 at 3pm
- Duration: About 1 hour
- Rate 14€ for adults and 10€ for children under 15
- Location: concert hall, Cité de la musique
- The musicians of the Orchestre national d'Île-de-France invite young and old spectators to discover this work, accompanied by an actress and an audiovisual creation specially created for this concert
- The actress and soprano Julia Knecht will speak and will sing passages to illustrate the link with Stravinsky's opera The Nightingalefrom which this symphonic poem is taken.
- An audiovisual creation by Etienne Guiol was made specifically for this concert and will be projected throughout the concert
- It took Stravinsky 5 years to finish "The Nightingale", the writing of his opera having been interrupted by the commission of a ballet for the Ballets Russes the magnificent "Firebird".
- Shunned by the public, Stravinsky will transform his opera in a symphonic poemThe Song of the Nightingale
- The story is told here by the actress Julia Knecht
- It is no longer the soprano's trills that bring to life the trials and tribulations of the little nightingale, whose melodious song is abandoned by the Emperor of China in favor of that of a mechanical nightingale, but the steps of a star dancer. The soprano, having nothing left to sing, tells us the fate of the workand the decisive meeting it brought about between the composer and the young choreographer George Balanchine.
- A co-production of the Orchestre National d'Île-de-France, Philharmonie de Paris
Ideas for outings with 7-12 year olds
The "Magical Journey to the Land of Dragons" children's tour You'll discover all the...
WE LIKE: an extraordinary retrospective of the work of Nicolas de Staël, who...
RESERVE FOR THE STORYHOUSE WE LOVE: a place where little ones can...
🍀 Competition 🍀 20 invitations are up for grabs for the Parc zoologique de Paris...