From 3 years
Summer with the family at the Musée de l'Armée
- WE love activities for young audiences all summer long (storytelling, guided tours, workshops, etc.)
- Age : from 3 years
- Rate 16.50 € (adult) and 7€ (child)
- Where : Museum of the Army -Invalides
- When : Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays
- schedule at 11 a.m. or 2:30 p.m.
- duration 1 to 2 hours depending on the activity
- To know: children must be accompanied by an adult during the activities
During the months of July and AugustMuseum mediators will take you back in time. Through guided tours, workshops, games and storytelling, follow in the footsteps of the knights, Napoleon and Louis XIV, two emblematic figures of the Invalides site.
- knights July 1 to 16 / August 1 to 6 / August 22 to 27
- Louis XIV July 4 to 9 / July 25 to 30 / August 15 to 20
- Napoleon July 1 to 2 / July 18 to 23 / August 8 to 13 / August 29 to September 3
- Les Invalides in 1 hour for the whole family July 5, July 19, August 2, August 16, August 30
(dates correspond to theme weeks)
Saturdays at 11 a.m. - Duration: 1 hour
Every Saturday morning, follow the adventures of the mischievous horse Vizir. Through tales and nursery rhymes, browse the collections of the Musée de l'Armée and step back in time...
- July 15, August 5 and August 26 : “Vizier in the age of knights. Listen to the storyteller as she follows Vizir's adventures in the age of dragons, griffins and valiant warriors... BOOK
- July 8, July 29 and August 19 : “Vizier in the time of the Sun King". Accompanied by a storyteller and in the footsteps of Vizir, discover Louis XIV, his court and this fascinating era! BOOK
- July 1, July 22 and August 12 : “Vizier in Napoleon's time". Follow the storyteller and discover imperial objects and animals thanks to Vizir, who was also Napoleon's favorite horse! BOOK
Sundays at 11 a.m. - Duration: 1 hour
Set off in search of inspiration in the Museum's collections with your family and in the company of a mediator. Then unleash your creativity in a workshop!
- July 9, August 20 Sunday : Les Invalides in pop-up! After a visit to the Invalides, fold, cut and invent your own Dome to reveal its brilliance! BOOK
- July 16, August 6, August 27 : En garde, knight! Create your shield! Follow the mediator as he hunts for fantastic creatures hidden in the Museum's collections. At the end of the quest, your young knights will make their own magic shield during a workshop. BOOK
- July 30 : Your royal mobile ! Take a tour of the Invalides and discover its architectural treasures, before building your own mobile crowned with the symbols of Louis XIV. BOOK
- July 2, August 13 : My Napoleonic soldier ! Accompanied by a mediator, take your child on a discovery of Napoleonic soldiers' outfits in the Museum's collections. Then design your own uniform in a creative workshop. Teddy bears, sabres and vestments will hold no more secrets for you! BOOK
- July 23rd : Napoleon and animals ! Take the whole family on a journey to discover the animals hidden in the Museum's collections. Then personalize them in a fun, creative workshop using a variety of techniques! BOOK
(dates correspond to theme weeks)
Saturdays at 2:30 p.m. - duration: 1:30 p.m.
- July 15, August 5, August 26 : Renaissance: the story of the Chevalier de Montmorency ! Follow the adventures of knight Anne de Montmorency, who fought alongside François I at the famous battle of Marignan in 1515. The storyteller will transport you to the heart of the jousts, tournaments and court of the king. BOOK
- July 8, July 29, August 19 : At the time of Louis XIV: the story of Jacques, boarder at the Invalides ! Discover the Invalides during the reign of Louis XIV as if you were there, as you listen to the fascinating story of soldier Jacques Vallot de la Rosière, a resident of the Hôtel Royal. BOOK
- The 1st July, July 22, August 12 : Napoleon Bonaparte: history and legend ! During this visit, let yourself be carried away by the story of Napoleon Bonaparte through the Museum's collections. Admire trophies from the Egyptian campaign, the famous portrait by Ingres, the Emperor's personal objects and the reconstruction of his campaign tent. BOOK
Thursdays or Sundays at 2:30 p.m. - duration: 1:30 p.m.
The game tours take you to the heart of fascinating episodes in history through riddles, investigations, quizzes... and much more!
- July 13, July 1st August, August 6, August 27 : Your knightly crest ! Learn about knights and their coats of arms before creating your own coat of arms, choosing your own colors and emblems. A fun introduction to the exciting and colorful world of heraldry! BOOK
- July 6, July 25, July 30, August 20 : Les Invalides in miniature ! Take your family on a guided tour of the Musée de l'Armée's architectural secrets. Then build your own 3-D model of Les Invalides! BOOK
Wednesdays at 2:30 p.m. - duration: 1 hour
Every Wednesday, spend an hour with the whole family discovering the monument and one of its key figures!
- July 19, August 2, August 16, August 30 : Invalides in 1 hour for the whole family ! Take a trip back in time to learn about the history of the Hôtel des Invalides with your family, and admire the rich collections of the Musée de l'Armée. BOOK
- July 12, July 26, August 9, August 23 : Napoleon in 1 hour for the whole family ! Discover, with your family, the different facets of one of the world's most famous men, in the company of a Museum mediator. BOOK
Musée l'Armée - Invalides a rich and fascinating museum
- With notably the rooms dedicated to Napoleon Ist and those that present a global approach to the military history of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The rooms on Napoleon mainly present his battles. And of course, you should not miss the tomb of Napoleon Ist in the dome of the Invalides.
- The part of the museum dedicated to the two world wars allows to see the "Big Bertha", a cab of the Marne, testimonies on the trenches, then the rise of the Nazism, the call of the general de Gaulle, the battle of the Atlantic...
- Finally, the historial Charles de Gaulle offers a fascinating permanent interactive exhibition to visit with headphones on.
- Twice a year, the Musée de l'Armée offers temporary exhibitions. They are generally very educational.