- Musical comedy -
- WE love : A great classic of the musical comedy
- Age : from 12 years
- Duration: Until June 30
- Location: In Mogador (Paris 9th)
Chicago the musical, the mythical Broadway musical
- CHICAGO the musical was created in 1975 in New York and has been playing for over 21 years on Broadway. This musical has the record of longevity.
- Written by three genius authors: John Kander (music), Fred Ebb (lyrics and booklet) and Bob Fosse (libretto, direction and choreography) Chicago, the musical is considered one of the great classics of the musical.
- CHICAGO is an iconic Broadway show with its jazzy tunes, spectacular choreography, modernity and sulphurous atmosphere.
- The story takes place in the heart of the 1920s in Chicago. Roxie Hart, a cabaret artist, kills her lover. In prison, she is confronted with Velma Kelly, double murderer but especially, jazz singer and idol Roxie. Thanks to a barred lawyer - Billy Flynn - the two women will find the way to freedom and success.
Chicago the musical, in French version in Mogador
- CHICAGO the musical is presented in a French version. The story and the music remain faithful to the original version, but the lyrics are translated into French.
- In Mogador, all musicals are always presented in French. This is a specificity of Mogador and Chicago, the musical, is no exception to this rule.
- The artists who play the title roles are the names of the musicals. Thus Jean-Luc Guizonne (The Lion King, Gospel on the Hill, Madiba) is Billy Flynn, Sofia Essaidi (Cleopatra) interpreter Velma Kelly, Carien Keizer (42nd Street, Cats, Hair, Chicago in Germany) plays the role of Roxie Hart and Sandrine Seubille (The Vampire Ball, Jack The Ripper of Whitechapel) that of Mama Morton.