- Musical Comedy -
- WE love : A great classic of the musical
- Age: from 12 years old
- Duration: Until June 30th
- Location: At Mogador (Paris 9e)
Chicago the musical, the mythical Broadway musical
- CHICAGO the musical was created in 1975 in New York and has been running for over 21 years on Broadway. This musical holds the record for longevity.
- Written by three genius authors: John Kander (music), Fred Ebb (lyrics and libretto) and Bob Fosse (libretto, direction and choreography) Chicago, the musical is considered one of the great classics of the musical.
- CHICAGO is an iconic Broadway show with its jazzy tunes, its spectacular choreographies, its modernity and its "sultry" atmosphere.
- The story takes place in the heart of the 1920s, in Chicago. Roxie Hart, a cabaret artist, kills her lover. In prison, she is confronted with Velma Kelly, a double murderer but above all, a jazz singer and Roxie's idol. Thanks to a clever lawyer ? Billy Flynn ? the two women find their way to freedom and success.
Chicago the musical, in French version at Mogador
- CHICAGO the musical is presented in a French version. The story and the music remain faithful to the original version, but the lyrics are translated into French.
- At Mogador, all the musicals are always presented in French. This is a specificity of Mogador and Chicago, the musical, is no exception to this rule.
- The artists who play the title roles are big names in musical theatre. Thus Jean-Luc Guizonne (The Lion King, Gospel on the Hill, Madiba) is Billy Flynn, Sofia Essaidi (Cleopatra) interprets Velma Kelly, Carien Keizer (42nd Street, Cats, Hair, Chicago in Germany) plays the role of Roxie Hart and Sandrine Seubille (The Vampire Ball, Jack The Ripper of Whitechapel) that of Mama Morton.