A jewel of classical architecture in Île-de-France
WE love : fun activities during the school vacations. The beauty of its gardens
Free: for those under 18 years of age (under 26 years of age if a European Union citizen)
Duration: to count at least 2 hours with the visit of the garden
The visit of the castle of Champs-sur-Marne with children
- Children will love the park of 85 hectares (but beware, the picnic is forbidden in the park)
- It is a castle and a park at "child size. Here, no excesses!
- Free "discovery course" booklet for children aged 7 to 12. You can download before your visit
- Workshops for children (4 - 6 years old and 7-12 years old) during each school vacation
- The castle organizes regular costume exhibitions
The visit of the castle with a tenor, guide-lecturer
- At closing time, at 7 pm, visit the castle of Champs-du-Marne accompanied by a tenor and guide. A double hat by this young man passionate about history and music.
- An unexpected experience, a rare moment to discover the history of this beautiful castle in a different way.
- October 9, 18 and 30, 2019 and December 20, 2019 - 7:00 p.m.
- On reservation : 01 64 62 74 48 (attention limited places)
- Learn more
The castle of Champs sur Marne : a little history
- Built from 1703 to 1708 at the request of the financier of Louis XIV, the castle of Champs-sur-Marne is characteristic of the 18th century pleasure houses built in the countryside.
- It is a furnished castle. Its 900 pieces of collections and its furniture stamped by the great names in cabinet making make it one of the most magnificently furnished castles in Ile-de-France. It presents sumptuous rocaille decorations, as well as chinoiseries painted in the middle of the XVIIIth century by Christophe Huet.
- The castle of Champs sur Marne has welcomed illustrious tenants : the princess of Conti, the marquise of Pompadour, men of letters such as Diderot, Voltaire, Chateaubriand and Proust. From 1959, General de Gaulle made the castle a residence for heads of state on official visits to France. The interiors are entirely restored.
The park of the castle of Champs-sur-Marne
- 85 hectares of gardens inspired by the gardens of Le Nôtre. The gardens have received the label of "Remarkable Gardens"
- Picnics are allowed in some areas
- Warning Dogs are not allowed in the park (nor in the castle)
- The access to the park of Champs-sur-Marne is free
The castle of Champs-sur-Marne - Free
- It is free of charge (upon presentation of proof) for those under 18 years of age and for those under 26 years of age who are EU nationals
- It is free of charge (upon presentation of a receipt) for teachers, job seekers, disabled persons and their companions
How to get to the castle of Champs-sur-Marne
- By public transport: RER A, get off at Noisiel le Luzard then bus 220 or bus 100 direction Bry-sur-Marne, stop mairie de Champs or 20′ walk from the RER station
- By car from Paris : take the A 4, exit n°10 Champs, follow the signs "château de Champs", 30 min drive.
- By car from the province or suburbs: take the A4, exit Noisiel and follow the signs to Champs sur Marne
- Free parking
Which bus serves the Champs-sur-Marne castle?
- Bus 220 or bus 100 towards Bry-sur-Marne. Get off at the "Mairie de Champs" stop