Duration of the course: 3 hours
Public holidays and school vacations
At the Museum of Magic (Paris 4th)
A magic workshop to learn all about the art of card magic
It's brand new!
During February break, the Museum of Magic and Automata is offering a new magic workshop. This workshop is open to children aged 8 to 14. It's a workshop for learning the art of card magic, in a small group, in the presence of a professional magician.
The course/workshop includes:
- A course in card magic suitable for children and teenagers, from 8 years (duration 2h) In the presence of a professional magician, you will learn the basic techniques of card magic, their applications and you will perform card magic tricks ...
- A conjuring show (20 minutes)
- A guided visit the Museum of Magic and the Museum of Automata
- The magic equipment is provided: you will have your "Bicycle" deck of cards and your close-up mat. This is essential to perform the card magic tricks
- Who is it for? for 8 / 14 year olds
- When during the February vacations
- schedule :
- Monday to Friday, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Rate 50€ / person
- duration : 3h
- Number 20 people max. per workshop
- Visit of the museum with single entrance accompanying persons wishing to visit the museum can take a single entry to the Museum of Magic (15€ the entrance ticket)
And also :
Attention: places are going fast!
Frequently Asked Questions
- The world of illusions
Written by Annick TRUELLE, 24-02-2024
Absolutely! I'd like to add that, apart from the professionalism of the magicians and speakers, the atmosphere and friendliness are top-notch. I recommend this type of show. My 9-year-old grandniece extended her dream by manipulating cards and goblets as soon as she got home. I've learned that these magicians can be booked for private events.
- My grandson had a superb afternoon and was delighted!
Written by Evelyn Askolovitch, 23-02-2024
Everything went very well, and he'll be back for something other than cards!
- MEDIOCRE CHILDREN'S WORKSHOP
Written by Bernadette BARBAUT , 07-01-2024
Interesting and curious otomate museum, On the other hand, the 1h30 workshop for children was boring and lacked interest, and the curiosity of the participants was not there. For the adults, 30 minutes, too bad the magician only talked, without doing at least one magic trick! All in all, this museum is overpriced for a family!
Written by Georges Brunet, 06-01-2024
Good, Museum perfect for seniors, a little old-fashioned for our grandchildren
- The children were delighted
Written by Francoise TAROUNINE, 06-01-2024
A few too many children in the 04/01 afternoon course I've already recommended the course
- An activity for the little ones
Written by Marie GERBER, on 28-12-2023
Small museum. Friendly workshop. The show is short and aimed at children: no more than 6-7 years old.
- Five stars
Written by Eva Jossier, on 25-12-2023
I invited 2 12-year-old girls They really liked it too much, too happy with the course.
- Excellent activity: a child-friendly welcome and a wealth of explanations from the speakers that appeal to young and old alike.
Written by JFL, 12-11-2023
Perfectly organized, no ticketing problems, a warm welcome even during the busy vacation season. As artistic as it is playful and cultural.
- The magic of cards
Written by Jocelyne Lecouvreur, 06-11-2023
My grandson (12 1/2) really enjoyed the experience. The course was designed for 8-12 year-olds. However, 4 much younger children were included, obviously at the last minute. Some of them weren't very interested and disrupted the "training", which required a great deal of attention. The important thing for my magician was to ėpate his parents...
- very basic
Written by Genny Lebrun, 04-11-2023
Activity 50 € too expensive for a superficial result. No tricks really learned.
- Original afternoon
Written by JEAN LOUIS SAULNIER, 28-10-2023
Activity enjoyed by our 2 grandchildren. However, the course itself only lasts about 1? hours, not 3. The rest was devoted to the show and visit to the museum. The instructor sped up to finish on time and one of the tricks was not understood by our children. I think 2 hours would be good and sufficient.
- A great time
Written by Veronique Barriere, on 27-10-2023
The kids loved it. We adults really enjoyed the show, as did the children, and so did the history. The visit to the museum was very interesting. In short, a great afternoon for children and adults alike. Well done to all and thank you. I recommend it to all my friends
- A great afternoon for children and parents alike.
Written by GBen, 26-10-2023
The atmosphere is friendly, with lots of curious objects in the museum, and the children loved the magic tricks.
- Very good experience
Written by Floréal MARTIN, on 29-04-2023
No unpleasant surprises