This is an autumn and winter recipe but butternuts are still available in March and April. A recipe that can be adapted as you wish: with or without cheese, without bacon for a vegetarian dish?
INGREDIENTS (for 4 to 5 people):
- 1 butternut
- 2 onions
- 200gr of bacon
- grated cheese or any other cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh cream
- parsley (or other grass)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to th. 6 or 180°.
- Cut the butternut in half and remove the seeds
- Hollow out the butternut and remove the flesh, leaving about 1cm all around.
- Peel 2 onions and slice them. Fry them gently in a pan with a little fat. Add the lardons.
- Once the onions and lardons are browned, add them to the butternut flesh cut into small pieces
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh creama little bit of shredded cheese and chopped herbs like parsley
- Salt (except if smoked bacon) and pepper
- Fill the butternut halves with the mixture. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and slide into the oven for 30 to 40 minutes
1 - You can replace the onions by shallots and the bacon by small pieces of ham
2 - This recipe is delicious with parmesan, gruyere (or emmenthal) or goat cheese
3 - Serve with a green salad