(including temporary exhibitions)
(free for -18 and -26 years old EU residents)
A rich and fascinating museum
- With in particular the rooms devoted to Napoleon and those which present a global approach of the military history of the XIXth and XXth centuries.
- The rooms on Napoleon mainly present his battles. And of course, the tomb of Napoleon under the dome of the Invalides should not be missed.
- The part of the museum dedicated to the two world wars allows you to see the "Big Bertha", a cab from the Marne, testimonies on the trenches, then the rise of Nazism, the call of General de Gaulle, the battle of the Atlantic?
- Finally, the historial Charles de Gaulle offers a fascinating permanent interactive exhibition to visit with headphones on.
- 2 times a year, the Army Museum offers temporary exhibitions. They are generally very educational.
Our family guided tours at the Army Museum ? ?
- In the boots of Napoleon (for 8/14 year olds) - This visit is scheduled as a group visit. It can also be privatized.
Good plan, save by buying 2 attractions at the same time
-10% with the code FAMILIARMEE10
The Army Museum for families
Activities for young people at the Musée de l'Armée
- Investigation games (from 7 years old): they combine a visit to the museum with enigmas or tests, turning children into budding detectives. Duration : 1h30 to 2h
- Storytelling tours (from 7 years old) : they are animated by a storyteller who makes discover the life of a character through the collections of the museum. Duration : 1h30
- Workshops (from 6 years old): they extend the discovery of the collections by a concrete realization (creation of a coat of arms, a fantastic animal? Duration: 1h30 to 2h00
- Guided tours (from 7 years old): this is a discovery tour of a department of the museum. This visit is active and calls upon the children's sense of observation. Duration : 1h30
- Every year in December, on the occasion of the Saint Barbara's DayThe Army Museum offers a free festive weekend. It is a historical show, free family around the artillery in the large courtyard of the Invalides.
To eat on site
The café-restaurant The Carré des Invalides (download the map HERE): open from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm, from April 1 to October 31 and from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, from November 1 to March 31