(including temporary exhibitions)
(free for -18 and -26 years old EU residents)
A rich and fascinating museum
- With in particular the rooms devoted to Napoleon and those presenting a global approach to the military history of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The rooms on Napoleon mainly present his battles. And of course, the tomb of Napoleon under the dome of the Invalides should not be missed.
- The part of the museum dedicated to the two world wars allows to see the "Big Bertha", a cab of the Marne, testimonies on the trenches, then the rise of the Nazism, the call of the general de Gaulle, the battle of the Atlantic...
- Finally, the historial Charles de Gaulle offers a fascinating permanent interactive exhibition to visit with headphones on.
- Twice a year, the Army Museum offers temporary exhibitions. They are generally very educational.
Our family guided tours at the Army Museum ♡ ♡ ♡
- In Napoleon's boots (for 8/14 year olds) - This visit is scheduled as a group visit. It can also be privatized.
Good plan, save by buying 2 attractions at the same time
The Army Museum for families
Activities for young people at the Musée de l'Armée
- Investigation games (from 7 years old): they combine a visit to the museum with enigmas or tests, turning children into budding detectives. Duration: 1h30 to 2h
- Storytelling tours (from 7 years old) : they are animated by a storyteller who makes discover the life of a character through the museum's collections. Duration: 1h30
- Workshops (from 6 years old): they extend the discovery of the collections by a concrete realization (creation of a coat of arms, of a fantastic animal...) Duration: 1h30 to 2h00
- Guided tours (from 7 years old): this is a discovery tour of a department of the museum. This visit is active and calls upon the children's sense of observation. Duration : 1h30
- Every year in December, on the occasion of the Bastille DayThe Musée de l'Armée offers a free festive weekend. It is a free historical show, family around the artillery in the large courtyard of the Invalides.
To eat on site
The coffee shop The Carré des Invalides (download the map HERE): open from 9am to 6:30 pm, from April 1st to October 31st and from 9am to 5:30 pm, from November 1st to March 31st