The Paris Zoological Park, commonly called Vincennes Zoo has been completely renovated and redesigned. The result is very successful. Today, the Zoological Park is about 2,000 animals of 180 species on an area of 14.5 hectares in the west of the Bois de Vincennes. Small downside: if the redeveloped spaces are very well done, it is sometimes difficult to see some animals. The visit can be frustrating. The Zoo is a victim of its success: many people and a risk of waiting at the checkouts, remember to take your tickets in advance. The zoo is open every day of the year, including public holidays.
The barefoot zoo
- It is a 225 m course composed of square materials (bread needles, limestone, mulch, mud, clay ...) alternating soft sensations, rough, pungent ...
- It's a very fun experience whose purpose is to feel, under the soles of the feet, the different soils which line the enclosures of the animals.
- We take off our shoes and without shoes or socks, we walk from square to square: it stings (the needles), it's all sweet (the lawn), it's hot (slate), it's a little badly (chippings and bread apples) ...
- We walk on wooden trunks trying not to set our feet on the ground (like animals moving from branch to branch)
- Beyond the sensory experience, this journey helps us to better understand what animals are evolving and how they adapt to the environment
(water fountains are planned at the end of the course to rinse the feet)
The feeding animals (otters, lions, penguins, baboons, vultures ...): it is open to the public, every day of the week. Depending on the day and time you can assist the healers at the animal meal. All the feeding program here
Wild appointments : the time of a weekend, fun and educational activities to be closer to the animals. Each month, these meetings allow to better know a species: Wolves, manatees, giraffes, lions, bats, rhinoceros, otters ... Meetings with specialists, with teams in charge of animals, backstage access, manual activities, tales ... The wild rendez-vous are accessible without reservation with the classic entrance ticket for the zoological park of Paris
The Nocturnes of the park: see the animals at night
- Every Thursday in June and July
- Nocturne until 22:30
- Free admission from 9.30 pm
- Watch the animals at sunset commented by the healers
- Picnic possible in the heart of biozones.
- Night tour dedicated to see park animals still visible such as bats flying freely in the big greenhouse.
WE love !
- The discovery and observation of animals is always a fascinating moment for children. Watching them react to animals is just as important for parents.
- The educational and educational side Zoo for children. It is not animals that are shown to men but men who are invited to come to discover animals. This pedagogical approach nevertheless has a price: to see the animals, visitors must make the effort to wait in silence until an animal finishes its nap.
- The opportunity for the whole family to take a breath of fresh air. A ideal outing for all ages and so convenient when you have a little buggy.
- A 4 km course crossing the 5 biozones of the Zoological Park in successive stages.
- The 4 key elements are still there: the Great Rock, the Great Aviary, the Great Greenhouse and vivariums.
Surprisingly, animals have an important place in Paris. Many places are dedicated to them such as Menagerie of the Jardin des Plantes, the farm of Paris where the Parisian aquariums ... But definitely the visit of the zoological park of Paris is a must. Since its renovation, the zoological garden of the Bois de Vincennes has become a spectacular experience.