The Parc Zoologique de Paris, commonly and formerly called Vincennes Zoo, has been completely renovated and redesigned. The result is very successful, the animals are more protected and their habitat improved.
Today, the Zoological Park is approximately 2,000 animals of 180 species over an area of 14.5 hectares in the western Bois de Vincennes. It is a 4 km course crossing the 5 biozones of the Zoological Park in successive stages. 4 key elements are still there: the Great Rock, the Great Aviary, the Great Greenhouse and the vivariums.
Small flat: if the refurbished spaces are very well done, it is sometimes a little difficult to see some animals. The visit can be frustrating for some, unless you accept the respect of the animal and, as in nature, you sometimes have to be patient to observe the animals.
The Zoo is a victim of its success because it is always a popular family outing. It can be crowded and busy at the checkouts. We advise you to take your tickets in advance..
A nice family outing!
- Discovering and observing animals is always a fascinating moment for children.
- An educational outing with children: here it is not the animals that are shown to people but the people who are invited to come and discover them. This educational approach has a price: to see the animals, the visitor must be more patient and quiet so as not to frighten them.
THE BAREFOOT COURSE AT THE ZOO (ALL YEAR ROUND)
- This is a 225 m course composed of squares of materials (pine needles, limestone, mulch, mud, clay...) which alternate soft, rough, prickly sensations...
- It is a very fun experience whose purpose is to feel, under the soles of the feet, the different floors that line the animal pens
- We take off our shoes and barefoot (we don't cheat and we also take off our socks), we walk from square to square: it stings (the pine needles), it's very soft (the lawn), it's hot (the slate), it hurts a bit (the gravel and the pine cones)...
- We walk on wooden trunks trying not to set our feet on the ground (like animals moving from branch to branch)
- Beyond the sensory experience, this journey helps us to better understand what animals are evolving and how they adapt to the environment
- Water fountains are provided at the end of the course to rinse your feet)
FEEDING THE ANIMALS (ALL YEAR ROUND)
- The feeding animals (otters, lions, penguins, baboons, vultures...)
- It's open to the public, every day of the week, with small commented 15-minute sessions with the healers.
- The entire feeding program
EVENT: THE WILD MEETINGS OF THE ZOOLOGICAL PARK
- The wild meetings: the time of a weekend, fun and educational activities to be as close as possible to the animals.
- Every month, these meetings allow you to get to know a species better: wolves, manatees, giraffes, lions, bats, rhinos, otters...
- These Rendez-vous sauvages also provide an opportunity to meet specialists and teams in charge of the animals and to go backstage. Manual activities and storytelling are offered to the children.
- Rendez-vous sauvage Spring: April 4 to May 3
- Wilderness Rendezvous Summer From July 4 to August 30
- Rendez-vous sauvage Autumn: October 17 to November 1
- The wild meetings are accessible without reservation with the classic entrance ticket for the Paris Zoological Park.
EVENT : THE NIGHT OF THE BETTING ZOO
- Every Thursday in June and July
- Nocturne until 22:30
- Free admission from 9.30 pm
- Watch the animals at sunset commented by the healers
- Picnic possible in the heart of biozones.
- Night tour dedicated to see park animals still visible such as bats flying freely in the big greenhouse.