(free for -18 years old and -25 EU citizens)
Great works or departments to see
- The Victory of Samothrace, The Mona Lisa, The Rite of the Emperor by David (the largest painting in the museum), The four Seasons of Archimboldo ? Denon wing, 1st floor
- The Department of Egyptology and its mummies
- On the 2nd floor, the two masterpieces of Georges de La Tour: The Cheat with the Ace of Diamonds and The Madeleine at the night light ? Sully Wing
- And the Medieval Louvre
Attention: there are few dates and they go very quickly
- The masterpieces of the Louvre explained to children? - from 7 years old
- ?Egypt at the time of the Pharaohs? - from 6/7 years old
- The masterpieces of the Louvre explained to teenagers? - from 13 years old
- ?Heroes of Greek Mythology? - for 9/14 year olds
Good plan, save by buying 2 attractions at the same time
Tickets give access to temporary exhibitions at the Louvre
Our advice with children
Before visiting the museum, stop by the Children's Bookstore. It is located in the gallery that goes from the stores of the Carrousel du Louvre to the entrance of the museum. You will find game books to visit the Louvre and other museums.
In the Richelieu wing, thea Little Gallery is a space dedicated to children. Twice a year, exhibitions offer to explore a theme thanks to major works from prehistory to contemporary creation.
Depending on the age of the children, give yourself between 1 hour and 1h30 of visit, not more and go to the essential.
You can also, before your visit, download the game paths of about 1h30 (several themes are proposed).
Workshops for children of all ages. For 4-6 year olds, 6-8 year olds and 8-12 year olds. Sketch workshops: you can wander around the museum and make a work of art your own. Frommime workshops to experiment with postures, mimes and movements in the encounter with a work of art. Also some conducted workshops by a choreographer where children study the representation of the body in movement.
Discover the works in families through wonderful stories. Several themes such as Egypt, Persia or the Orient. From 4 years old