200 hectares of nature - over 2500 varieties of trees
- WE LOVE : a huge and unknown park, labelled "remarkable garden".
- AGE: for everyone
- OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND from 10am to 6pm
- LOCATION: Near the castle of Versailles (78)
- FREE for all, every 1st Sunday of the month
The Arboretum of Versailles-Chevreloup: a remarkable park west of Paris
- The Arboretum of Versailles Chevreloup is a park of 200 hectares in the Paris region
- It is an integral part of the royal domain of Versailles and is located on the edge of the Palace of Versaillesat approximately 20 km west of Paris
- Surprisingly little known, the arboretum is one of a kind
- It is home to more than 2500 species and varieties of trees and constitutes one of the richest collections in Europe
- Among the places not to be missed: the Japanese cherry meadowthe planting of dwarf conifersthe maze of the Lawsons (strolling among conifers with colorful foliage), the 5 giant sequoias 25m high...
- You can also take a walk around the Remains of the hydraulic system which supplied the fountains of Versailles, like the Chèvreloup Reservoir.
- This park is labeled "Remarkable Garden". and is managed by the National Museum of Natural History (which also manages the Garden of plants and of its menagerie)
A park where everyone finds happiness!
- Families come to stroll in the alley of blue cedars or stroll in the shade of the 25 meters of the five giant sequoias
- Sportsmen and women will love the 10 km long hiking trail. On the program, a beautiful crossing of the botanical collections and the alleys lined with trees, to discover trees from the American, Asian and European continents.
- The curious will learn all about the nature that surrounds us with the "Île-de-France course".
- Of course, it is. the picnic is recommended in good weather!
=> And also, other nice ideas from the Arboretum :
- The Palace of Versailles
- The Enigma Walk - treasure hunt around the Palace of Versailles
- The great musica watersthe in the park of the Palace of Versailles
- The great nocturnal waters in the park of the Palace of Versailles
- A guided tour of the park of the Palace of Versailles
- "2 hours to save the king"the outdoor escape game
- Revolution tower Cultural visit around the French Revolution
- Ideas for family outings in the West of Paris