For families, from 7 years old
This visit is led by guides specialized in young people
La visite « Si Versailles m’était conté?
The noble floor of the castle, the royal chapel, the Grand Apartments and the famous Hall of Mirrors are among the wonders visited during this guided tour.
The tour guide will take you through the day of a king, aythmated by the servitudes of the etiquette that Louis XIV had put in place to make the nobility docile.
Versailles and its castle are the undisputed symbol of the French monarchy. The king Louis XIV wished to make a place of splendor and festivities to entertain his courtiers, launched from 1668 great works to enlarge the castle built by his father Louis XIII.
The successors of the Sun King will not stop embellishing the palace. The Palace of Versailles will be plundered and emptied during the French Revolution (paintings, furniture, trinkets...). Versailles will become a political capital from 1682 to 1789.
Rates and practical information
- Adult rate : 34? (this rate includes the entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles)
- Child rate : 22? (free entrance to the castle for children)
- 20 to 22 participants maximum per visit
- Duration of the visit between 1h30 and 3h
- Meeting place : at the Palace of Versailles
- Visit in French