- WE LOVE : the Nile crocodile pool, the 2 albino alligators, the 5000 species of fish?
- AGE ideal from 3 years old
- PLACE Palais de la porte Dorée (Paris 12e)
The Tropical Aquarium of Paris is one of the 3 aquariums in the Paris region With l'Aquarium of Paris located at the Trocadero and theSea Life Aquarium in the 94. The 3 aquariums are very different, the Tropical Aquarium is the oldest one and it has a very charming old-fashioned side. It is great especially for its crocodile pond. Its entrance fee is unbeatable.
At the Tropical Aquarium, we don't miss
- The basin of Nile crocodiles
- The 2 albino alligators are white with orange eyes. These are extremely rare specimens, because they cannot survive in the wild
- The African dwarf crocodiles : they are not the nicest!
- The magnificent building dating from the colonial exhibition
The Tropical Aquarium at the Porte Dorée is
- about 5,000 specimens300 species of tropical flora and fauna including magnificent corals
- 84 aquariums, a crocodile and alligator terrarium, and a turtle terrarium
- tropical freshwater fish, especially, but also sea fish, which come from Asia, Africa and South America
- a very well designed place for the little ones. Stands are arranged in front of all all the aquariums to allow the children to really see all the fish
- an installed aquarium in a magnificent building from 1931, built for the colonial exhibition. This space gives the Tropical Aquarium a very pleasant old-fashioned look
Family activities at the Tropical Aquarium
The Tropical Aquarium offers activities for children from 3 years old. Prior registration is required. Workshops last between 1 hour and 1h30 depending on the activity chosen and the age of the children.