The toy museum of Poissy is located in West of Paris (78), in the fortified gatehouse of the Royal Priory Abbey dating from the 14th century. Ihe exhibits nearly 600 games and toys, manufactured between 1850 and 1950, with a new approach in France to toys and childhood culture. The course has 4 play areas. Grandparents will be happy to take their grandchildren there.
WE LOVE : the surprise of the children discovering what their ancestors played with
AGE: for everyone, young and old
RATE: A low-budget outing: 7? for adults, 5? for children
The toy museum: a visit for children and parents alike
- The Toy Museum is apicturesque and timeless place, installed in a former fortified gatehouse dating from the 14th century
- It offers many surprises, especially for children: teddy bears from another era, puppets, porcelain dolls, dinner sets, rocking horses, cars, electric trains and board games from another time.
- In our opinion, the highlight of the visit is the attic with its electric train system.
- Activities and games are offered to children on the tour route
- The collections evolve and new objects are regularly presented to the public