The Tuileries garden is one of the oldest parks in Paris. A model of the so-called "French gardens", it owes its current appearance to André Le Nôtre, who had already distinguished himself at Vaux le Vicomte then who will realize the gardens of the Palace of Versailles.
The Tuileries is one of the most beautiful parks in Paris. Ideally located, it is a good place to rest after a stroll in one of the surrounding museums (the Louvre, Orsay or the Orangery) or after the descent of the Champs Elysées. If it is not the richest Parisian park in activities for children (no clowning, no ponies...), but its very central location makes it a very pleasant haven of peace for a lunch break or snack for example.
The Tuileries Garden: a very pleasant place for children and adults
Many activities for children
- Children will love running around in its wide alleys and lawns
- There are: merry-go-round, trampoline, swings, miniature sailboat rental on the basin located on the Place de la Concorde side.
- Please note that all these activities are not free of charge
- Playground for children
A very nice park for older children
- Adults will enjoy walking through its French-style alleys
- The Tuileries is also an open-air sculpture museum since it is possible to admire there, in addition to the famous Kiss of Rodin and the statues of Maillol, works of Louise Bourgeois, Giacometti, Henry Moore and Jean Dubuffet...
Restaurants and refreshment stands
- 3 restaurants are installed in the Tuileries garden: La Terrasse de Pomone (open all year round according to the opening hours of the Jardin des Tuileries) - Café des Marronniers (open Monday to Sunday from 7am to 9pm) - Restaurant Le Médicis (Lunch 10:30am-5pm and Dinner 5pm-7pm)
- Refreshment stands complete the offer and right next to it are Angelina and Ladurée, 2 famous tea rooms where to get cakes to eat on the spot or to take away to eat in the Tuileries
The Tuileries party
- It is the traditional summer fair in Paris
- It takes place every year in July and August
- 60 attractions paying : bumper cars, ghost trains, rifle shooting, ice palace, 1900 wooden horses, chamboultout, duck fishing...
- For the children, trampoline, climbing initiation, big slide.
Discover the Tuileries in a different way with treasure hunt visits
- the "Mythology in the Tuileries" treasure hunt a 1h30 stroll in the Tuileries garden to discover Hercules, Nemea, Apollo and the muses of Antiquity... Ideal from 6/7 years old and possibility of privatizing this visit for a birthday party
- the tour "the wonderful legend of the Tuileries". a family investigation, in the company of an actress to relive the history of the Tuileries and meet the ghosts of Louis XIV, Bonaparte or Napoleon III. Visit of 2 hours, free for children under 8 years old