Guided tour of the Louvre's Department of Greek Antiquities
This visit is led by guides specialized in Mythology and Antiquity
Pitch of the visit "Heroes of Greek mythology in the Louvre?
- The objective of this guided tour of the Louvre Museum is to show the childrenin a playful way, ?the Greek miracle?
- It presents ancient Greek sculpture by relying onr ?the exploits of the gods of ancient mythology
- It is a question of understanding why Greek sculpture is so famous and why this period will mark so much the artists in the course of time
- The tour guide will answer questions such as "Why did Herakles do 12 labors?" / "How did Perseus kill the Gorgon?" / "How did the gods help them?" / "How did the Greeks represent their gods, their heroes?" / "Why did the gods accede to men's desires as they did to Pygmalion?"
- A discovery of Greek antiquity through mythology and its heroes within the reach of the youngest but also very instructive for parents, grandparents or accompanying persons
- A small booklet will accompany the children throughout the visit
Individual visit "Heroes of Greek mythology" (rates and info)
-10% on the price of the guided tour with code FAMILINPARIS
- Adult rate : 37* (including admission to the Louvre Museum)
- Child rate : 17? (entrance to the museum is free for children)
- 20 to 22 participants maximum per visit
- Duration of the visit : 1h30
- Meeting place : Richelieu passage under the arcades outside (do not enter the museum)
- Visit in French
- No waiting for tickets
* If you are exempt from paying admission to the Louvre (Friends of the Louvre card or other), choose a child's ticket and indicate on the form the age of the child, "Exempt adult" and the type of exemption.
Written by Margaret, 14-05-2022
I wanted to write to you to give you my appreciation of the guide, Cyril, who accompanied us on our visit to the Louvre on May 4. During our wait to enter, he knew how to captivate young and old, with humor, everyone was interested, those who knew Greek mythology well as those who knew nothing about it. This dead time was exploited to the maximum by our guide and we thank him for it. No sigh or annoyance in the queue, it was a miracle. As an aside, we appreciated that Cyril specified that there were many versions of the Greek legends because our little specialist would not have failed to point this out. This precision was very important and very intelligently placed. Then the visit was carried out with the respect of the rhythm of the group and its important knowledge on the Greek mythology. Cyril knew how to captivate the children, to amuse them and to fascinate them with all that he showed. Even the parents got caught up in the words and the search for the statues. We had a great time as a family, funny, light, and interesting. Our visit would not have been the same without him. A big thank you to Cyril from all three of us! We will do it again.
Written by Famille Daguerre, on 30-03-2022
Conferences adapted to young children or teenagers. Exciting speaker who puts himself within the reach of his young audience! Even the adults learned a lot! To be repeated with eyes closed!
Written by Fabrice P, on 30-11-0001
Visit particularly adapted to the children who adhere from the first moments. Very interesting!