Two Gothic jewels in Paris
(Free for under 18 and under 26 years old EU residents)
- Continue the visit with the visit of the Conciergerie.The Sainte-Chapelle of the Palais de la Cité is the only remaining vestige of the
- It's a former prison, now revolutionary court and Marie Antoinette prison
- At the Conciergerie, the old revolutionary cells have been reconstructed with wax figures, which makes the circuit very suggestive .
- We can see Marie Antoinette's reconstructed cell in particular.
- Don't miss the mini-video on the 1st floor summarizing the main episodes of the French Revolution.
- To prepare the visit with young children, download the discovery tour
- The Holy Chapel is a jewel of the gothic radiant, built by Saint Louis in the heart of the Palais de la Cité
- It is located right next to the Conciergerie, in the Courthouse.
- It is distinguished by the elegance of its architecturewith the almost total removal of the walls in the upper chapel and the presence of its 1113 immense stained glass windows
- Go preferably when the weather is good (it's when the sun shines through the stained glass that the magic happens) and above all BOOK or go early in the morning!
- To prepare the visit with young children, download the discovery tour.