Free and exceptional animations in the courtyard of the invalids
- WE LOVE : free and original historical and family show
- AGE : for all
- DATE Each year, on a weekend in December
- PLACE Museum of the Army ? Invalides (Paris 7ème)
Saint Barbara's Day at the Army Museum: a free and original family event
- As every year the museum of the Army in collaboration with the Artillery School of Draguignan and its brass band celebrates the feast of Saint Barbara, which is the feast of the artillerymen.
- Small reminder: Saint Barbara is the Patron Saint of fireworks, gunners, artillerymen, miners and firemen. Saint Barbara conjures up thunder, lightning, and all accidents linked to the explosion of gunpowder.
- To celebrate the feast of Saint Barbara, the courtyard of the Invalides is the scene of a free historical show, family around the artillery.
- It is a festive weekend mixing performances, reenactments and presentation of military equipment.
- Specialists from the artillery regiments retrace the evolution of the artillery from the First Empire to the present day to the sound of the Draguignan Military School band.
- It's a free and exceptional animation for the general public.
- Children accompanied by adults are invited to meet the actors of the event. They are encouraged to answer the questions in a booklet - games given free on site.
Timetable of the "Saint Barbara's Day at the Invalides":
- Starting at 2:30 p.m. on December 7 and 8, 2019
- Around 2:30 pm: brass band
- Around 3pm: artillery demonstrations by soldiers in period costume
- Around 3:30 pm: cannon fire
- From 15:45: time for discussion with the actors of the event
OTHER IDEAS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD :
On the Champs-de-Mars (in the 7th)
Where to go to enjoy the most beautiful views of Paris? We have selected the top 10 most beautiful views of Paris, in ?
In the 7th
From 8,50? - Departure from the foot of the Eiffel Tower
From April 1st to 15th: every day and every hour between 11am and 9pm From April 16th to July 16th: ?
From 7? - Departure at the foot of the Eiffel Tower
In the 7th district
Visit Paris by boat! It's relaxing and very entertaining for the kids. The special family guided cruise A commented cruise for the young ?