December 9 and 10, 2023
- WE LOVE : free and original historical and family show
- AGE : for all
- DATE December 9 and 10, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- PLACE Museum of the Army - Invalides (Paris 7ème)
Saint Barbara's Day at the Army Museum: a free and original family event
- As every year the Army museum in collaboration with the Artillery School of Draguignan and its brass band celebrates the feast of Saint Barbara which is the feast of the artillerymen.
- On the occasion of Saint Barbara's Day, the Musée des Invalides is offering a weekend of free visits to the museum's artillery collections, with brass bands and demonstrations
- A little reminder: Saint Barbara is the Patron Saint of fireworks makers, armorers, artillerymen, miners and firemen. Saint Barbara conjures up thunder, lightning, and all accidents linked to the explosion of gunpowder.
- To celebrate the feast of Saint Barbara, The courtyard of honour of the Invalides is the scene of a free historical, family show around the artillery.
- It's a festive weekend combining performances, reconstructions and presentation of military equipment.
- Specialists in artillery regiments retrace the evolution of artillery from the First Empire to the present day to the sound of the brass band of the Draguignan Military School.
- It's a free and exceptional animation for the general public.
- Children accompanied by adults are invited to meet the actors of the event. They are encouraged to answer the questions in a booklet - games handed out free of charge on site.
Timetable of the "Feast of Saint Barbara at the Invalides":
- From 2:30 p.m. on December 9 and 10, 2023
- Around 2:30 pm: brass band
- Around 3pm: artillery demonstrations by soldiers in period dress.
- Around 3:30 pm: cannon fire
- From 3:45 pm: time for exchange around the actors of the event
OTHER IDEAS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD :
Tours designed with young people in mind We love: educational tours for children,...
RESERVE (including temporary exhibitions)(free for -18 and -26 years old EU residents)...
Where to go to enjoy the most beautiful views of Paris? We have...
This visit is animated by lecturers specialized in young people.
The special Family guided cruise (with the Vedettes de Paris) Age : for children
1 - WE DO NOT ACCEPT CHILDREN ALONE (unaccompanied by an adult).2 - YOU MUST RESERVE A TICKET FOR EACH PARTICIPANT (child and adult...
PRIVATIZING THIS VISITContact us SCHOOLS / YOUTH CENTERSRequest a quote Pitch of the...