A beautiful mansion with a magnificent park
(free for -18 years old and -25 EU citizens)
One of the most beautiful museums in Paris
- The place is beautiful ! It is an old private mansion, the Hotel Biron, classified as a historical monument
- The sculptures of Auguste Rodin and Camille Claudel are full of strength
- If the works of Rodin are often presented in museums, it is less frequently the case of the sculptures of Camille Claudel which are extraordinary of intensity and delicacy
- It is a museum on a human scale, extraordinary with children
- Good to know: the Rodin Museum is free on the 1st Sunday of each month
The Rodin Museum in family
At each school vacation, the Rodin Museum organizes workshops for children and family visits. You can also discover the museum with a guide. The two family visits The following events are scheduled several times a year. They can also be privatized.
- The tour - a treasure hunt In the gardens of the Rodin Museum (from 6 years old)
- The family visit "In the hands of Rodin (from 6 years old)
Good plan, save by buying 2 attractions at the same time
Free for under 18s (and under 25s who are EU residents)
The garden of the Rodin Museum: a garden of sculptures
- The Rodin Museum is located in a park of 3 hectares, in which statues are scattered in the shade of groves, in the middle of a fountain ?
- A sculpture garden to the crazy charm. Whatever the season, the park is superb and it is good to walk around.
- We see in particular 2 extraordinary works of Rodin: the Gate of Hell and the Bourgeois of Calais
- Children will love looking for statues
- The lawns of the garden are open to the public. Ideal for picnics, resting on one of the deck chairs placed at the bottom of the garden
- We do not miss the cafeteria in the park. It is a very pleasant place for lunch or a snack. The cafeteria is open from 10am to 5pm
Museums for which we have a weakness...