Basic Ingredients : canned tuna + sandwich bread + egg
With cooking (pan frying)
Cooking time : 3 to 4 mn (per cake)
To do with children
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400 g canned tuna in brine
- 150 of stale bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise (preferably homemade)
- 1 untreated lemon
- 1 egg
- a few sprigs of tarragon
- 10 cl neutral oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Remove the crust from the sandwich loaf, dice it and put it in a salad bowl.
- Drain the tuna over the salad bowl to soak the bread cubes in the juice.
- In another bowl, crumble the tuna with a fork.
- Add the zest and juice of the lemon, then the mayonnaise, a dash of Espelette chilli pepper and the egg.
- Thinly slice the tarragon and add it to the mixture.
- Salt and pepper
- Form balls of this mixture with your fingers and flatten them slightly.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Brown the tuna croquettes for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with a green salad, raw vegetables or rice for a more substantial meal.
Organic and good : use organic ingredients as much as possible, especially for the lemon.
Choose the tuna : Laurent Mariotte advises albacore tuna (the noblest of tuna species)