A varied program for families
For all ages and all tastes!
October 21 to November 5, 2023
- WE LOVE : a variety of activities for the whole family. This season, India is in the spotlight!
- PLACE musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac (Paris 7th arrondissement)
- WHEN: from october 21 to november 5, 2023
- AGE : for the whole family
- ON THE PROGRAM : storytelling tours, workshops, guided tours, Family Sunday in India, film festival (free with reservation), Rajasthani dance and puppet shows ...
- ACCESS TO THE MUSEUM : admission to permanent collections and temporary exhibitions is at the usual rate. Admission is free for under-18s and 26-year-olds resident in the European Union. The activity ticket gives access to the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions of the day.
"THE WORLD AS A FAMILY
(All Saints' Day 2023 program)
India is in the spotlight this season. Visit musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac offers a wide range of activities for families. Some are designed to tie in with the current exhibition "Bollywood superstars: the story of Indian cinema". Others enable visitors to (re)discover the museum's permanent collections.
- En avant la musique" film festival for young audiences free on reservation - program here
- Family show : Kathputli, dances and puppets from Rajasthan November 4 and 5, 2023
- Storytelling tours :
- for 0-3 year-olds : “My little snake visit"For a first discovery of the museum, in stories and songs with a storyteller
- for 0-3 year-olds : “Ma petite visite contée, Little Bear's Journey"Follow Little Bear on his journey across the continents. A storyteller accompanies children through the museum with stories and songs.
- for 3-5 year-olds : “Around the world"A journey of stories and songs to awaken toddlers to the works of Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas.
- for 3-5 year-olds : “The world in color"Explore, feel and perceive the collections differently, through shapes and colors, in song and music.
- for ages 6 and up : “Asia"- Follow in tales and legends the tribulations of the sons of the Dragon!
- for ages 6 and up : “Diviners and wizards"- Follow in tales and legends the tribulations of the sons of the Dragon!
- Guided tours :
- for 3-5 year-olds : “Awakening the senses"A visit to the museum's collections to contemplate, sing, touch and discover all the art of the world.
- for 3-5 year-olds : “From head to toe"Looking at statues by reproducing their postures, deciphering a mask by imitating its expression, understanding through gesture...
- from 6 years old : “To each his own"Make your choice! Point out to the guide the object that intrigues you most, and together we'll try to discover what gives it its value, both in its culture of origin and in the museum's display cases.
- from 6 years old : “The animal trail"Identify materials of animal origin and find the bestiary hidden in objects (masks, sculptures, everyday objects, fabrics, totems, paintings, cult objects, musical instruments, etc.) from the four corners of the world!
- from 6 years old : “The secret of the mask"Travelling through Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas, discover masks designed with a variety of materials and for different purposes.
- from 6 years old : “Bollywood, the family visit"IEnjoy a century of Indian cinema with your family!
- Workshops :
- for 3-5 year-olds : “The rain"Rain is so essential to life on earth that it deserves to be danced and sung about! In the heart of the collections, toddlers can observe works from different continents, identify their symbolic motifs and, in the workshop room, discover the rituals in which they take part, through a short musical practice or by making an object that repels the rain.
- for 3-5 year-olds : “Magic object"On the Collections stage, youngsters can observe the statues, masks and accessories used by soothsayers (or Nganga) among the Kongos of Central Africa, before creating their own magical objects in the workshop room.
- for 3-5 year-olds : “Secret puppets"The fine observation of the diversity of materials used in the works from Oceania presented on the Collections stage gives children the opportunity to create fantastic characters in the workshop, animated by their stories and secrets.
- for 6 - 8 year-olds : “At the heart of masks"In the Congo River Basin, masks with pure, geometric shapes are used for initiation ceremonies and festivities in honor of ancestors or nature spirits.
- for 6 - 8 year-olds : “Shadow Theatre"Set off for Asia, to discover the incredible diversity of small object theaters made up of Chinese shadows, articulated puppets, paper cut-outs...
- from 6 years old : “Ghost hunters"A mischievous spirit is stirring up trouble in the museum's collections. Equipped with the perfect ghost hunter's kit, try to solve this mystery and capture the prankster spirit!
- from 6 years old : “Bollywood dances"This workshop combines a guided tour of the museum's "Bollywood Superstar. Histoire d'un cinéma indien" exhibition at the museum, and an indoor discovery of Indian dances with a dancer.
- from 6 years old : “Too Stylish"Like every fashion designer, you need to research to feed your imagination. You not only learn about past fashions, but also about clothes and costumes from all over the world, which will help you create your next accessory!
- for ages 9 - 12 : “Mission archéo"Around an excavation site in the workshop room, children identify traces of pre-Columbian civilizations, then compare them with original works and discover Central American cultures.