This is a great classic of Swiss cuisine, a simple and economical dish. Perfect for an evening meal (kids love it) to serve with a green salad or grated carrots or to accompany a meat dish at lunchtime.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 people):
- 4 mealy potatoes (agria or bintje)
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of neutral oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 pinches of salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and grate them. Squeeze the potatoes between your hands to remove as much juice as possible
- Peel the onion and finely chop it
- Mix the potatoes, the onions and add the eggs and theflour for consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan
- Using a large spoon, place several piles in the pan. Flatten them into a patty.
- Turn the patties several times to ensure even cooking
- When they are golden and colored (but soft in the middle), place them on a paper towel and serve with a green salad
1 - You can add small lardons to the preparation. Or chopped parsley
2 - Prepare them in advance. You can heat them up in a frying pan at the last minute (not in the microwave, they would get all soft)
3 - A horse roast: for a more complete dish, serve it with a fried egg on top
4 - Choose organic potatoes
5 - Some recipes recommend pre-cooking the potatoes (they must be firm to the core)