In Paris (15th and 12th), Puteaux- La Défense (92) and Montreuil (93)
Paris Rooftop days, a weekend on the roofs of Paris
During these two days dedicated to flat roofs of Paris, a number of cultural and sporting events are on offer, including visits to green roofs and photovoltaic roofs, urban agriculture and workshops for all agesWe also offer rooftop bars, open-air sports and artistic performances, panoramic tours on the most beautiful views of Paris!
- An exceptional event and unique to do with your family
- Nature and urban ecology awareness activities accessible to 3-6 years, for 6-12 year-olds
- Discover that the roofs of Paris are home to vegetable gardens, sports and art!
- In the heart of Paris, it's a complete change of scenery
- And we love entering a place "stroller friendly not very accessible the rest of the year!
Activities accessible to children, even the youngest ones
- Potting cuttings
- Discovery and activities around plants: seeds, dried flowers and prints, walks and even harvests!
- And many other things to discover, like permaculture!
Opening hours and access
- WHEN Saturday, September 9 and Sunday, September 10, 2023
- WHERE :
- Peas & Love - 51, quai grenelle Paris 15th arrondissement
- Urban Nature - Hall 6 Parc des expositions de Versailles - Paris 15e
- Nodd Oxygen - 1/2 esplanade de la Défense - 92800 Puteaux, France
- Crate Garden - 5 Place du Marché - 93100 Montreuil
- Opéra Bastille - Place de la Bastille - Paris 12th arrondissement
- AGE for all
- ACCESSIBILITY : Stroller friendly
- RATE 5€ per activity - registration required
- GOOD TO KNOW : the number of places for each activity is limited, so register now!
Saturday, September 9 :
- PEAS & LOVE - 51, quai grenelle - Paris 15e - urban farms - committed "Farmers" who want to reconnect Man, City and Nature
- 10am-11am and 11am-12pm : Yoga
- For all ages from 3 upwards:
- 10am-11am Plant decoration workshop
- 11am-12pm : plant decoration workshop
- 14h-14h45 Workshop: Harvesting seeds from different vegetable garden varieties
- 15am-3.45pm : rosemary cuttings workshop
- 16h-16h45 creating an aromatic bouquet for drying
- OPERA BASTILLE - Place de la Bastille - Paris 12e - A breathtaking view over the rooftops of Paris and almost the entire city emblematic monuments of the capital. An urban farm where more than a hundred varieties of vegetables, herbs, edible flowers and even hops are grown...all with respect for biodiversity and the living world.
- 10h-11h / 12h-13h / 16h30-17h30 : visit to the roof gardens
- 14h-15h30 gardening workshop and hop harvest - SOLD OUT
- NODD OXYGEN - 1/2 esplanade de la Défense - 92800 Puteaux - France - A global space, a veritable village where the hitherto unused volumes of La Défense have been rethought to make the most of them. A place where people can live, relax, work and dine, recreating links between people.
- Brunch/Cocktails/ Dinner (discount 10 %)
- 14h -15h45 / 16h- 17h45 dance classes for two (Latin, rock or ballroom)
- 2-6 p.m. Climate Fresco quiz workshop - from 7-8 years old
Saturday, September 9 and Sunday, September 10 :
- CRATE GARDEN- 5 Place du Marché - 93100 Montreuil - France - Rooftop Crate Garden by Root Cause, a veritable plant paradise in the heart of the city, a stone's throw from Montreuil's Croix de Chavaux metro station. Committed to the protection of biodiversity, edible and medicinal plants are grown here, and the site plays an active role in exchanges between residents.
- For all ages from 3 upwards:
- 10h30-11h30 / 11h30-12h30 / 17h30-18h30 / 18h30-19h30 Edible flower tasting and harvesting
- 12:30-13:30 Lunch: free walk and questions/answers (French or English) on permaculture, species, techniques and tips... Picnic to be brought by participants.
- 4pm-5pm Afternoon tea: free walk and Q&A (French or English) on permaculture, species, techniques and tips... Picnic to be brought by participants.
Sunday, September 10 :
- NATURE URBAINE- Hall 6 Parc des expositions de Versailles - Paris 15e - Europe's largest urban farm! Market garden produce and educational tours all year round, plus rental of growing space! A renewal of taste and food quality
- 9h-10h / 10h30-11h30 yoga
- 2pm-3pm / 3pm-4pm / 4pm-5pm / 5pm-6pm visit to the urban farm and "SBM life science" workshop (advice on vegetable gardening and worm composters).
These days are organized by CSFE (Chambre syndicale française de l'étanchéité), Adivet (l'association des toitures et façades végétales) and Roofscapes (a startup specializing in the adaptation of pitched roofs).