The "Orsay masterpieces explained to children" tour
- The Orsay museum is a very beautiful space, installed in the old Orsay station. The architecture and the scenography of the museum alone justify its visit!
- This museum presents painting and sculpture from the mid-19th century to World War I
- The visit "Orsay's masterpieces explained to children" allows visitors to understand the creative effervescence of the 19th century
- After a short introduction on the history of the building and how it went from being a train station (built for the 1900 World's Fair) to a museum, the children will discover a selection of works representative of the museum
- The different schools (academism, realism, naturalism and impressionism) and their little quarrels... are explained to the children who will then be able to understand perfectly this artistic period so rich
- It is a magical visit in the company of Millet, Monet, Seurat, Renoir and many others... with a speaker specializing in families
Rates and information for scheduled visits
- 20 to 22 participants maximum per visit
- duration : 1h30
- Meeting place At the museum entrance. You'll easily recognize the lecturers by their orange shopping bags.
- This visit is animated by guide-lecturers
- An adult seat is necessarily associated with a child seat.
- Visit in French
- Who is it for? : school, extra-curricular, birthday, family privatization...
- Rate From 250 euros per visit
- Increase of 20% on Sundays and holidays
- Number 25 people max (adults and/or children)
- Visit in French or English
- For schoolchildren: from the first grade / primary school
Written by Alain Nicolas, 08-08-2023
Well-organized, the visit aroused the interest of the 3 children, whose curiosity was cleverly stimulated by the guide and their desire to take part in the question-and-answer game. I was a little puzzled by the choice of some of the works: does the model of the Opéra Garnier really illustrate the Musée d'Orsay's interest?
- Instructive AND fun
Written by Eric PALANQUE, on 17-07-2023
Many thanks to Pauline who, with communicative energy, delivers a very interesting 5-step introduction to the masterpieces of this beautiful museum. There's something for young and old alike.
Written by Benoît T, on 20-11-2022
Excellent visit of the Musée d'Orsay with Nathalie who knew how to captivate the children. The selection of works was relevant and the duration well adapted.
Written by Sophie M., 24-02-2022
Thanks to Émilie, we spent a magical 1h30 at the Musée d'Orsay. Far from a classic visit, she was able to add depth to the children's first discovery of the museum, comparing painters and painting styles and providing anecdotes to capture their attention and bring the paintings to life. She adapts very well to her audience and doesn't hesitate to get them involved by asking them questions. Mission accomplished for us, the children really enjoyed it and will be delighted to return to see the works we didn't have time to see.