This visit is led by guides specialized in young people
Pitch of the visit "Orsay's masterpieces explained to children?
- The Orsay Museum is a very beautiful space, installed in the old Orsay station. Just the architecture and the scenography of the museum justify its visit!
- This museum presents painting and sculpture from the mid-19th century to World War I
- The visit "Orsay's masterpieces explained to children" allows visitors to understand the creative effervescence of the 19th century
- After a short introduction on the history of the building and how it went from being a train station (built for the 1900 World's Fair) to a museum, the children will discover a selection of works representative of the museum
- The different schools (academism, realism, naturalism and impressionism) and their little quarrels... are explained to the children who will then be able to understand perfectly this artistic period so rich
- It is a magical visit in the company of Millet, Monet, Seurat, Renoir and many others... with a speaker specializing in families
Individual visit "The masterpieces of Orsay" (prices and information)
-10% on the price of the guided tour with code FAMILINPARIS
- 20 to 22 participants maximum per visit
- Duration of the visit : 1h30
- Meeting place At the entrance of the museum. You will easily recognize the lecturers thanks to their orange bags
- Visit in French
- No waiting for tickets
Sophie M (February 24, 2022):
Thanks to Émilie we spent a magical 1h30 at the Musée d'Orsay. Far from a classic visit, she knew how to give relief to this first discovery of the museum for the children, by comparing the painters and the styles of painting and by bringing anecdotes which allow to catch the attention and to make the paintings alive. She adapts very well to her audience and does not hesitate to involve them by asking questions. Mission accomplished for us, the children enjoyed it very much and will be delighted to go back to see the works that we did not have time to see.