It is a superb 800 hectare farm built under Louis XVI. Stables, old stables, sheepfolds, a farmyard . Each year, the national sheepfold attends the birth of more than 1000 lambs (the Merinos of Rambouillet). It welcomes families for visits, workshops, and to attend the feeding of the animals.
The Bergerie Nationale can be visited freely (with an entrance fee of a few euros).
Practical information about the Bergerie Nationale
The timetable of the sheepfold
- Out of school holidays Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays (from 2:00 to 5:30 pm / in winter 5:00 pm)
- During the school holidays (zone C) : every day (from 2pm to 5:30pm / in winter 5pm)
- Public holidays All holidays except December 25 and January 1
Activities at the sheepfold
- Carriage rides at 2:30 pm April to end of October (weekends only), except in August
- 2:30 pm : guided tour
- 15h30 : workshops with animals and/or products from the farm
- 16h30 : cow milking
- 5pm: apprentice farmer workshop with the farm animals
The Bergerie Nationale's rates
- Full price : 7?
- Child rate (from 3 to 12 years old) : 5?
- Carriage ride: 8,5? per adult and 5? per child
- Free for children under 3 years
Do we like it?
A beautiful place
It is a superb set of farm buildings where children will discover the life of animals and the functioning of a rural farm.
All year long, many animations
Fun workshops, demonstrations about milk, gardening, animal care, food...
Within a year During the school holidays: circus, Easter egg hunt, games for children during the summer, Christmas festivities in December. During the school vacations: circus, Easter egg hunt, games for children during the summer, Christmas festivities in December
An educational farm
Many educational tools (such as a treasure hunt) are available to children for to awaken them to the rural world teach them how a farm worksThey will learn how animals live, what they eat, when they are born. They will be sensitized to ecology, to sustainable developmente...
Every weekend (from April to October), offer your children a recreational ride in a horse-drawn carriage to discover this superb farm in a different way