- WE LIKE : a real history lesson presented to families by associations of enthusiasts
- FAMILY : ideal with children and teenagers
- WHEN: September 5 and 6, 2020
- PLACE : at the Great War Museum in Meaux
- FREE: access to the park is free
ON THE AGENDA FOR THIS REENACTMENT WEEKEND
- Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 September at 3:30 pm: demonstration of field artillery, trenches and horse-drawn equipment
- On Saturday at 10:30 a.m., in the city center, we will see the troops on foot and between Decathlon and Leroy-Merlin (from the shopping center Aushopping) the presentation of military vehicles
- On Sunday at 10:30 am (in the Beauval-Verrière area) the Fanfare des Grognards d'Epinal and on the place de la Cathédrale de Meaux the Scottish Troops (51st Highland Division Memorial)
- Sunday from 2pm to 6pm, in the park: life in the soldiers' bivouac
- The presentation of period vehicles: cab of the Marne, Peugeot car of 1916?
- It is the life of the poilus of the war of 14/18 that this reconstruction presents (among others)
- It is a unique and exceptional event in memory of these French and foreign soldiers who served their country
- You will attend gunfire demonstrations, of weapons or to troop review
- Carrier pigeons Thanks to the association "Messager Meldois" and the museum of the military dovecote, learn more about carrier pigeons. You can even choose your pigeon to send your message (price: 2?)
- Meet nearly 300 re-enactors and learn more about the daily life of soldiers: demonstrations of cannon fire, raising of the colors, review of the troops, period forge, means of communication?
- The observation kites Discover reproductions of kites of the period, in flight and on the ground. In 14-18, they were used as observation post of the enemy troops
- Families will be able to exchange with the Great War enthusiasts in period costume
- The children make discover in a lively way the daily life of French, German, American or Scottish soldiers at the front as well as the life of the civilians behind the front line
THE BATTLE OF THE MARNE 1914 CIRCUIT (ALL YEAR)
- The museum has set up the Circuit Bataille de la Marne 1914: 10 sites evoke the battle of the Marne
- It is a 40km tourist loop through the countryside and the towns and villages of the Meaux region.
- The start is located at the American Monument in the Museum
- The tour can be done on foot, by bike or by car