- WE LIKE : a real history lesson presented to families by associations of enthusiasts
- FAMILY : ideal with children and teenagers
- WHEN: September 5 and 6, 2020
- PLACE : at the Great War Museum in Meaux
- FREE: access to the park is free
ON THE AGENDA FOR THIS REENACTMENT WEEKEND
- Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 September at 3:30 pm: demonstration of field artillery, trenches and horse-drawn equipment
- On Saturday at 10:30 a.m., in the city centre, we will see the troops on foot and between the Decathlon and Leroy-Merlin (from the Aushopping shopping centre) the presentation of military vehicles.
- On Sunday at 10:30 am (in the Beauval-Verrière area) the Fanfare des Grognards d'Epinal and on the place de la Cathédrale de Meaux the Scottish Troops (51st Highland Division Memorial)
- Sunday from 2pm to 6pm, in the park: life in the soldiers' bivouac
- The presentation of period vehicles: taxi de la Marne, Peugeot car of 1916...
- It's the life of the hairy men of the First World War... that (among other things) this reconstitution presents
- It is a unique and exceptional event in memory of those French and foreign soldiers who served their country
- You will attend target practice, of arms seizures or to troop review
- Carrier pigeons Thanks to the association "Messager Meldois" and the museum of the military dovecote, learn more about carrier pigeons. You will even be able to choose your pigeon to send your message (price: 2€)
- Meet nearly 300 reenactors and learn more about the daily life of the soldiers: cannon firing demonstrations, raising of colours, troop reviews, period forge, means of communication ...
- Observation kites Discover reproductions of period kites, in flight and on the ground. In 14-18, they were used as observation posts for enemy troops.
- Families will be able to exchange with Great War enthusiasts in period costume
- The children make discover in a lively way the daily life of French, German, American or Scottish soldiers at the front. and the lives of civilians in the rear of the front line.
THE BATTLE OF THE MARL 1914 CIRCUIT (ALL YEAR ROUND)
- The museum has set up the Battle of the Marne 1914 Tour: 10 sites evoke the Battle of the Marne
- It is a 40km tourist loop through the countryside and the towns and villages of the Pays de Meaux.
- The start is located at the American Monument in the Museum
- The tour can be done on foot, by bike or by car.