WE love : the sculptures, the building, and the exceptional park
Age : for all, from 6 years old
Free: for children under 18 (under 26 if EU national) and for everyone every 1st Sunday of the month
Duration of the visit: Between 1h and 1h30, see more if you want to enjoy the park
Several good reasons to visit the Rodin museum with your family:
- The place is beautiful : an old mansion, the Hotel Biron, classified as a historical monument
- The sculptures of Auguste Rodin and Camille Claudel are full of strength
- If Rodin's works are often presented in museums, it is less frequently the case of Camille Claudel's sculptures, which are extraordinary in intensity and delicacy.
- Three hectares of gardens, beautiful, in which are exposed many statues of the artist
- You can picnic in the garden
- The cafeteria in the garden
- At each school holiday, the Rodin museum organizes workshops for children and family visits
- I mean, come on, the Rodin Museum is free of charge on the first Sunday of each month.
The garden of the Rodin museum: a sculpture garden
- The Rodin Museum is located in a park of 3 hectares, in which are scattered the statues in the shade of groves, in the middle of a fountain ...
- A sculpture garden crazy charm
- We see in particular 2 extraordinary works of Rodin: the Gate of Hell and the Bourgeois of Calais
- Children will love looking for statues
- The lawns of the garden are open to the public. Ideal for picnicking, rest on one of the sun loungers placed at the bottom of the garden
- We do not miss the cafeteria in the park. It is a very nice place for lunch or afternoon tea. The cafeteria is open from 10h to 17h