A favorite museum : a collection of private art in an exceptional place
Temporary exhibitions: several temporary exhibitions a year and always of high quality
Age : from 8/10 years
Free: for children under 7 years old
WE love : the tea room for lunch or a snack, its proximity to Parc Monceau
THE JACQUEMART-ANDRÉ MUSEUM
A very endearing and exciting museum
- The place is beautiful : it is an old mansion, a mansion that belonged to Edouard André and his wife Nélie
- In the shelter of the boulevard Haussmann (Paris 8th), we discover the particular hotel, the courtyard, the central staircase and all the reception and exhibition halls.
- Take the audio guide who will tell you the history of this place, the Jacquemart-André family, their travels around Europe, the receptions they organized in this particular house
An exceptional collection
The couple Jacquemart-André was passionate and art lover. André and his wife Nélie have created a collection of French, Italian, Flemish and Dutch paintings, as well as numerous sculptures, objets d'art and furniture.
- Botticelli, Tiepolo, Caravaggio Canaletto... for the Italian painters.
- Fragonard, Boucher, Chardin, Drouais ... for French works
- Rembrandt for the Flemish
The Jacquemart-André Museum and children
Family Guided Tours :
- The Jacquemart André Museum offers guided family tours to help children discover the museum's permanent collections. There are :
- The storytelling tour / treasure hunt for 4/6 year olds (visits during school holidays).
- The visit for 8-14 year olds: "Comme des princes au musée Jacquemart-André". This guided tour shows children the splendours of a Parisian mansion and allows them to discover in a playful way some of the masterpieces of the Jacquemart André collection. This visit is also privatizable for family visits or birthdays. To get a quote and availability, contact us by e-mail.
- Count 1h30 for these family tours.
Celebrate his birthday at the Jacquemart André Museum:
- The Jacquemart André Museum welcomes children for birthday parties.
- There is the formula for 4/6 year olds.It consists of a route of your choice:
- or a playful visit and a KAPLA workshop (construction of a building according to Panini's "Architectural Caprice")
- or a treasure hunt: the museum's animals
The afternoon ends with a snack at the Jacquemart-André café (choice of cake with candles, sweets, drinks).
- and the formula for 7/12 year olds3 formulas to choose from:
-either a playful visit and a pastel copy workshop on the theme of the portrait: children make a copy of an 18th century portrait (Largillière, Fragonard, Perroneau)
- or a playful visit and a pastel still-life copying workshop on the theme of still life: children reproduce one or more objects presented to them.
- or an enigma-hunting tour: Thief! A visit to the museum where children put themselves in the shoes of the detective.
The day ends with a snack at the Jacquemart-André café (cakes with candles, sweets, drinks).
- Count 2 hours for a birthday package
- Animation days: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
Timetable: Departure at 2.15, 3 or 3.45 p.m.
Conditions: 10 children (of the same age group) maximum per group.
Price: on request
Reservation required on 01 45 62 39 94.
TEMPORARY EXHIBITIONS 2019/2020
- Turner, paintings and watercolours - TATE Collections - From March 13, 2020 to July 20, 2020
- The Alana collection, masterpieces of Italian painting - From September 13, 2019 to January 20, 2020: an exhibition very accessible to young people
- Hammershøi, the master of Danish painting - Until July 22, 2019
- It's a lovely place, chic and elegant. A covered and sheltered terrace allows you to have lunch outside when the weather is nice
- Menu for children
- Salads, light dishes and delicious pastries
- Sunday brunch from 11h to 14h30 (brunch and adult brunch)
- Opening in nightly every Monday until 19h
- It is not possible to book
- Open Monday to Friday from 11h45 to 17h30, Saturday from 11h on Saturday