A favorite museum : a private art collection in an exceptional place
Temporary exhibitions: several temporary exhibitions per year and always of high quality
Age: from 8/10 years old
Free: for children under 7 years old
WE love : the tea room for lunch or snacks, its proximity to the Parc Monceau
THE JACQUEMART-ANDRÉ MUSEUM
A very attractive and fascinating museum
- The place is beautiful It is a former mansion, a bourgeois residence that belonged to Edouard André and his wife Nélie
- In the shelter of the boulevard Haussmann (Paris 8ème), we discover the private mansionthe courtyard, the central staircase and all the reception and exhibition rooms.
- Take the audioguide who will tell you the history of this place, of the Jacquemart-André family, of their travels through Europe, of the receptions they organized in this particular residence
An exceptional collection
The Jacquemart-André couple was passionate about art. André and his wife Nélie built up a collection of French, Italian, Flemish and Dutch paintings, as well as numerous sculptures, objets d'art and furniture.
- Botticelli, Tiepolo, Caravaggio, Canaletto... for Italian painters
- Fragonard, Boucher, Chardin, Drouais... for French works
- Rembrandt for the Flemish
The Jacquemart-André Museum and children
Guided family tours :
- The Jacquemart André Museum offers family tours to introduce children to the museum's permanent collections. There are :
- The storytelling tour / treasure hunt for 4/6 years old (visits during school holidays).
- The visit for 8-14 year olds: "Like princes at the Jacquemart-André museum. This guided tour shows children the splendor of a Parisian mansion and allows them to discover some of the masterpieces of the Jacquemart André collection in a playful way. This visit can also be privatized for family visits or birthdays. To get a quote and know the availability, contact us by e-mail.
- Count 1h30 for these guided family tours.
Celebrate your birthday at the Jacquemart André Museum:
- The Jacquemart André Museum welcomes children for birthday parties
- There is the formula for 4/6 year olds.It consists of a route of your choice:
- either a playful visit and a KAPLA workshop (construction of a building according to the "Architectural Caprice" of Panini)
- or a treasure hunt: the animals of the museum
The afternoon ends with a snack at the Jacquemart-André café (choice of cake with candles, sweets, drinks).
- and the formula for 7/12 year olds3 formulas to choose from:
-either a playful visit and a workshop of pastel copy on easel on the theme of the portrait: the children realize a copy of a portrait of the XVIIIth century (Largillière, Fragonard, Perroneau)
- either a playful visit and a workshop of pastel copying on an easel on the theme of still life: the children reproduce one or more objects that are presented to them.
- or an enigma hunt: Au voleur! A visit of the museum where children put themselves in the shoes of a detective.
The day ends with a snack at the Jacquemart-André café (cakes with candles, sweets, drinks).
- Count 2 hours for a birthday package
- Animation days: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
Times: Departure at 2:15, 3:00 or 3:45 pm
Conditions: 10 children (of the same age group) maximum per group.
Price: on request
Reservation required at 01 45 62 39 94.
TEMPORARY EXHIBITIONS 2019/2021
- The exhibition of the moment: Signac, the colored harmoniesuntil July 19, 2021
- Turner, paintings and watercolors - TATE Collections - From March 13, 2020 to July 20, 2020
- The Alana collection, masterpieces of Italian painting - From September 13, 2019 to January 20, 2020: an exhibition very accessible to young audiences
- HammershøiThe Master of Danish Painting - Until July 22, 2019
The Jacquemart-André café
- It is a charming, chic and elegant place. A covered and sheltered terrace allows you to have lunch outside when the weather is nice.
- Menu for children
- Salads, light dishes and delicious pastries
- Sunday brunch from 11am to 2:30pm (children's brunch and adult brunch)
- Opening in nocturne every monday until 7pm
- It is not possible to reserve
- Open Monday to Friday from 11:45 to 17:30, on Saturday from 11:00