The toy museum of Poissy is located in west of Paris (78), in the fortified gatehouse of the Royal Priory Abbey dating from the 14th century. Il exhibits nearly 600 games and toys, made between 1850 and 1950, with a novel approach in France to toys and children's culture. The course is embellished with 4 play areas. Grandparents will be happy to take their grandchildren there.
WE LOVE : to the surprise of the children discovering what their ancestors played with.
AGE : for everyone, young and old
RATE : A small budget outing: 7€ for adults, 5€ for children
The toy museum: a visit for children and parents alike
- The Toy Museum is un picturesque and timeless place, installed in an old fortified gatehouse dating from the XIVth century.
- It offers many surprises, especially for children: teddy bears from another era, puppets, porcelain dolls, dinners, rocking horses, cars, electric trains and board games from another time.
- In our opinion, the highlight of the visit is the attic with its network of electric trains.
- Animations and play areas are offered to children on the tour route.
- The collections evolve and new objects are regularly presented to the public.