One of our favorite museums in Paris
FILE CUTTING TICKET - immediately on smartphone*
* Free entry for under-26s if EU residents,
for teachers with pass, disabled persons + accompanying person
and French jobseekers, with a valid identity card.
WE LOVE : the place, the extraordinary collections ... it's one of our favorite museums in Paris
FREE for under 18 years old and under 26 years old if EU residents
FREE for everyone, every first Sunday of the month.
The Musée d'Orsay: a must-see museum in Paris
- The Musée d'Orsay, located in the former Orsay train station, is a very beautiful space. Just the architecture and scenography of the museum justifies his visit!
- He presents painting and sculpture from the mid-nineteenth century to the First World War.
- It is especially the collection of Impressionist paintings that is absolutely extraordinary.
- It is impossible to list all the artists on display here: Bonnard, Cezanne, Courbet, van Gogh, the Douanier Rousseau, Manet, Monet, Morisot ... to name but a few.
OUR ADVICE FOR THE VISIT
- The Musée d'Orsay is a victim of its success. There are always people at the entrance. This is not a problem once in the museum because it is very big. On the other hand, we strongly advise you to buy your tickets online before your visit.
- The Musée d'Orsay is a vast museum, its visit may be tiring. We advise you to plan to do it a lunch break or snack. There are 2 rather good cafes. Plan to go there at odd hours to avoid crowds.
- The museum site suggests a first visit course online 1:30.
THE MUSÉE D'ORSAY AND THE YOUNG PUBLIC: WORKSHOPS, FAMILY VISITS AND THE SITE "LE PETIT M'O" (THE LITTLE M'O)
The Musée d'Orsay offers workshops for children. They are not accompanied by parents.
- Workshops for 6 - 8 years old and for 9 - 12 years.
- The visit in the rooms, in front of the works, precedes the practical workshop session.
- 45-minute visit in front of the museum's works of art,
- then 1:15 workshop.
- Purchase in advance and on the museum's website only.
- It is a question of discovering the works in families.
- Several formats: conference visits, family workshops or game tours...
- For 6-12 year olds.
- Purchase and reservation of tickets in advance and on the museum's website only.
The little M'O
The Musée d'Orsay and the Orangerie Museum have created a website for 6-10 years: the little M'O. The Pompon bear (the mascot of the Musée d'Orsay, in reference to François Pompon), and Lily the frog for the Orangery accompany the children on this site. On the site, selection of works with small commentary, biographical notes on artists and thematic routes. There is also a gazette, a diary ...
TO DO IN THE DISTRICT
- Just cross the Seine to get to the Tuileries Garden. It is one of the most beautiful gardens in Paris: the ponds and small boats, playgrounds to the right of the central aisle, scattered statues everywhere and candy kiosks. If you are there in summer, you will be entitled to the funfair that settles in the garden.
- When the weather is nice, want a vfun and unusual in the Tuileries Garden: the marvelous legend of the Tuileries, family treasure hunt in the Tuileries gardens. Ideal from 6 years. Duration 2h.
- Want to see the Impressionists and Monet's famous Water Lilies in a smaller museum: the Orangerie Museum is a great alternative.