The permanent collection is FREE for everyone.
The Cernuschi Museum is located in a beautiful mansion on the edge of Parc Monceau in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It presents the Asian art collection built up by Henri Cernuschi at the end of the 19th century. It is a small museum, child's size with extraordinary pieces that make you dream about a distant world. After the visit, the children will be delighted to enjoy of Monceau Park right next door.
WE LOVE : the private mansion on the Monceau park and its magnificent collection of Asian art
AGE : From the age of 8
FREE the permanent collection is free for all, all year round
The Cernuschi Museum: an ideal family visit
- We love this little museum for the beauty of the exhibits... and also becausehe visits each other pretty quickly. It's a museum where you're not "knocked out" by the sum of the exhibits!
- It's a ideal visit with children because the exhibits speak to their imaginations ...fantastic animals, evil-looking felines, funerary statues...
- The Cernuschi Museum reopened its doors on March 4, 2020 after 9 months of work. The new museum is magnificent. It is bright, airy. The collections are very well displayed and the scenography does not overwhelm visitors with an accumulation of art objects.
- Most of the exhibits come from the collection that Henri Cernuschi brought back during his trip to the Far East (Japan, China, Vietnam and Korea) between 1871 and 1873.
- The objects are beautiful, extremely well highlighted and the explanations are clear and precise.
- In the showcases, we discover bronzes, ceramics, lacquered wood, paintings, prints and photographs.
The Cernuschi Museum and the young public
- The museum organizes activities for children and teenagers all year round.
- These activities are centred either around temporary exhibitions or around the permanent collection and the customs of the Far East.
- As an example, workshops are regularly organized around the tea ceremony, around the making of fans, or around the theme of dragons...
- The activities are by reservation only
- And of course, if the weather is good, we can enjoy with the children the very nice Parc Monceau located on the edge of the museum