Until January 15, 2024
Musée de l'Orangerie (Paris 1st)
- WE LOVE : (re)see Modigliani's work, discover his relationship with his dealer and enjoy one of Paris's finest museums
- AGE : from 7 years
- DATES until January 15, 2024
- HOURS every day (except Tuesday) from 9 am to 6 pm
- LOCATION: L'Orangerie (Paris 1st)
- DURATION 1 hour minimum
"Amedeo Modigliani. A painter and his dealer"
The exhibition, at Orangerie Museumshows the strength of the relationship between Modigliani, a doomed artist, and his young dealer, Paul Guillaume. What would Modigliani's fate have been without this encounter?
- In 1915, Guillaume became Modigliani's dealer. He was only 23, Modigliani 31.
- Until Modigliani's death in 1920, their relationship was intense both artistically and amicably, and incredibly fruitful.
- Guillaume, a young dealer and exceptional collector of modern art, takes the drug- and alcohol-addicted artist under his wing.
- lI encouraged Modigliani to take up painting, whereas when they first met he was more interested in sculpture.
- He rented him a studio in Montmartre and made him known in artistic circles.
- He bought and sold her works, finally ensuring her a certain stability and material comfort.
- Thanks to his connections, notably with Dr. Albert C. Barnes, an American physician and wealthy collector, he brought it international renown.
Our advice: Please book as soon as possible for this exhibition. We think it will be a great success.