WE LOVE : an exciting little museum
FOR CHILDREN AND PRE-TEENS: free survey booklets for the open house
FREE MUSEUM : for all and all year
LOCATION: in the 5th
What you will discover at the Curie Museum
The Curie Museum is located in the Val de Grace district on the Campus Curie. It immerses us in the history of Radioactivity and of its medical applications. It allows us to discover the universe and history of Pierre and Marie Curie...five-time Nobel Prize winner. Survey booklets The two youngest members of the public are invited to discover in a playful and educational way the career of these two illustrious scientists, who are based not far from the Pantheon.
- The museum's permanent collection presents Marie Curie's office and laboratory, the history of radioactivity and radiotherapy, the different stages of the scientific discoveries of the Curie and Joliot-Curie families, the family of the five Nobel Prize winners.
- This museum is composed of archives, documents and ancient objects.
The museum is organised into 4 main themes:
- The family with the 5 Nobel Prize winners
- The Radium
- Chemistry and biology
- The Curie Foundation: curing cancer
The museum's family activities
- Survey booklets are given free children and pre-teens at the reception desk for open visits (duration about 50mn): "The Radium Race at the Curie Museum." (ages 8-12) and "Journey of Inquiry at the Curie Museum." (for 13-15 year olds).
- Every Saturday at 3pmThe museum offers activities for adults and children. It is advisable to book as the workshops are quickly sold out. These workshops are free of charge
In the museum gardens: RADIUM215 BY C215
- Marie Curie created this small garden in 1912 and wanted a pleasant setting to carry out her work.
- Street Art exhibition in the garden : C215 is a street artist who painted the portraits of Pierre and Marie Curie, Irène and Frédéric Joliot-Curie on the museum's facades