A villa built in Poissy between 1928 and 1931 (UNESCO World Heritage)
The villa Savoye in Poissy
- A visit to this villa allows you to discover the work of Le Corbusier (real name Charles-Édouard Jeanneret).
- And more specifically, the 5 basic elements of its architecture: the stilts, the flat roof, the plan, the banded windows and the free facade
- This villa was classified as a historical monument while Le Corbusier was still alive.
- She's very avant-gardea great modernism for the time, a "box in the air" constructed of reinforced concrete
- This house was the weekend home of the industrial family of Lille, the Savoye.
♡ Our opinion on this visit
- It is exciting for anyone interested in architecture or for those who are unfamiliar with the work of Le Corbusier.
- It allows to to make young people aware of architecture and to the phenomenon Le Corbusier, architect, but also town planner, decorator, sculptor and painter.
- You can download the children's booklet before your visit: it tells children about the history of this house, presents Le Corbusier and the villa in the form of little quizzes and games
Also to do in the Yvelines
An exciting guided tour of the Palace of Versailles< - For families, from 7 years old
A sumptuous castle and a magnificent park - One can spend hours there
Discover the wonderful world of illusionists. Ideal from 5 years old
RESERVE Free for -18 years old and -26 years old EU citizens Credit-Laurent-Gueneau-Centre-des-monuments-nationaux What you can do...
Until September 16, 2023
A historical outdoor escape game to discover Versailles under Louis XIV - Ideal from...
The cultural tour on the French Revolution - Ideal from 10 years old
An exceptional experience - Free for children under 3 years old - In Yvelines (78)
Reopening on April 8, 2023
An original stroll in the city of Versailles - Ideal with children from 7/8...