A villa built in Poissy between 1928 and 1931 (UNESCO World Heritage)
The Villa Savoye in Poissy
- The visit of this villa allows you to discover the work of Le Corbusier (whose real name was Charles-Edouard Jeanneret).
- And more specifically, the 5 basic elements of its architecture : the pilings, the roof terrace, the plan, the banded windows and the free facade
- This villa was classified as a historical monument while Le Corbusier was still alive
- It is very avant-garde, from a great modernism for the time, a "box in the air built in reinforced concrete
- This house was the weekend home of the industrialist family from Lille, the Savoyes
? Our opinion on this visit
- It is fascinating for anyone interested in architecture or for those who are unfamiliar with Le Corbusier's work
- It allows to to make the youngest aware of architecture and the phenomenon of Le Corbusier, architect, but also urban planner, decorator, sculptor and painter
- You can download the children's booklet before your visit: it tells the children the history of this house, presents Le Corbusier, the villa in the form of little quizzes and games
To do also in Yvelines
Malowe Nature, the educational farm
Ideal with 3-12 year olds
Egg hunt at France Miniature
April 8, 9 and 10, 2023
KOH LANTA universe at France Miniature
In the Yvelines
The Palace of Versailles
A sumptuous castle and a magnificent park? One can spend hours there
FAMILY TOUR - "If I were told about Versailles
An exciting guided tour of the Palace of Versailles<? For families, from 7 years old
The Estate of Marie-Antoinette
I buy my tickets for the Domaine de Marie-Antoinette (free for children under 18 and under 26)...
Guided tour : The Great Hours of the Gardens of Versailles
Visit with a comedian ? Ideal from 6 years old, but also with children...
"Versailles Revolution tour
The cultural tour on the French Revolution ? Ideal from 10 years old
The Way of the Squire
2 hours to save the King" treasure hunt (in Versailles)
An outdoor historical escape game to discover Versailles under Louis XIV? Ideal from...