The Villa Savoye in Poissy
- The visit of this villa allows you to discover the work of Le Corbusier (whose real name was Charles-Edouard Jeanneret).
- And more specifically, the 5 basic elements of its architecture : the pilings, the roof terrace, the plan, the banded windows and the free facade
- This villa was classified as a historical monument while Le Corbusier was still alive
- It is very avant-garde, from a great modernism for the time, a "box in the air built in reinforced concrete
- This house was the weekend home of the industrialist family from Lille, the Savoyes
? Our opinion on this visit
- It is fascinating for anyone interested in architecture or for those who are unfamiliar with Le Corbusier's work
- It allows to to make the youngest aware of architecture and the phenomenon of Le Corbusier, architect, but also urban planner, decorator, sculptor and painter
- You can download the children's booklet before your visit: it tells the children the history of this house, presents Le Corbusier, the villa in the form of little quizzes and games
To do also in Yvelines
RESERVE Free for -18 years old and -26 years old EU citizens Credit-Laurent-Gueneau-Centre-des-monuments-nationaux What you can do...
The castle of Breteuil : to visit a castle of the XVIIth century To visit the castle of...