An educational farm in the Bois de Vincennes
On weekends and during school holidays
The Paris Farm: an educational farm
La Ferme de Paris is a 5 hectare farm, designed for children. The entrance is free. It is located in the heart of the Bois de Vincennes, not far from the Vincennes racecourse where the Super Sundays (another free event).
This farm is managed according to the practices of organic farming, respecting the environment and animal welfare. No synthetic chemicals (fertilizers, pesticides, antibiotics) or GMOs are used and organic matter is recycled. The land is divided between crops (orchards, educational vegetable gardens, demonstration plots of field crops and permaculture), pastures and shelters for animals:
- A orchard which gathers a collection of fruit trees
- The vegetable garden which shows a great diversity of vegetables and of aromatic and medicinal plants
- On weekends, families can attend farm work
- farm animals: horses, cows, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, roosters and rabbits
Which animals can be seen at the Vincennes Wood Farm?
On this space of 5 hectares, the farm of Paris counts many animals including:
- Normandy ganders and geese, Brahma hens and roosters, American bronze turkeys, Rouen ducks and ducks
- Rabbits and rabbits, a sow and her piglets, the Alpine chamois goats?
La ferme de Paris - Opening hours
- Door closing times change according to the season.. Go to the Ferme de Paris website to check out the schedule.
- Open every Saturday and Sunday from 1:30 pm
- Open from Tuesday to Friday during the spring vacations (zone C) and the summer vacations from 1:30 pm
- Closed on public holidays
How to get to the Paris farm?
- By RER Take the RER A and get off at the "Joinville-le-Pont" station, then take bus 77 (Plateau de Gravelle stop). From the "Joinville-le-Pont" station, count on a good 20-minute walk
- By subway Take line 14 to the "Gare de Lyon" station, then bus 77 to the "Plateau de Gravelle" stop
- By car Parking : it is quite easy to park in the alleys of the wood (it is free). If the weather is very nice, it can be crowded in the woods!
The sheep spend the night at the police station...
- 10 ewes and 6 hens were stolen from the Paris farm in June 2020. The unfortunate women had been abandoned in a vehicle near Drancy.
- They were safely returned to their pens after spending the night in the police station yard. It was the cries of a baby whose mother sheep had been stolen that alerted the caretakers the day after the theft.
Our opinion on the educational farm of Paris
While some parents may find the location simple and the animals too few, we love this place because it is accessible to all, entertaining and informative for the children, free and that it is always a joy for city families to take their children to the cows, goats and rabbits