Now open on Wednesdays from 1.30pm to 5pm until Wednesday 28th October!
La Ferme de Paris: an educational farm
La Ferme de Paris is a 5-hectare farm, designed for children.. Admission is free. It is located in the heart of the Bois de Vincennes, not far from the hippodrome de Vincennes where Super Sundays (another free event).
This farm is managed according to organic farming practices, respecting the environment and animal welfare. No synthetic chemicals (fertilizers, pesticides, antibiotics) or GMOs are used, and organic materials are recycled. The land is divided between crops (orchards, educational vegetable gardens, demonstration plots for field crops and permaculture), pastures and animal shelters.
- A orchard which collects a collection of fruit trees
- The vegetable garden which shows a wide variety of vegetables and of aromatic and medicinal plants
- On weekends, families can attend farm work
- farm animals: horses, cows, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, roosters and rabbits
It takes about 1 hour to take full advantage of the ride at the Ferme de Paris.
The animals of the Paris Farm
On this space of 5 hectares, the farm of Paris counts many animals including:
- The Norman Gander and Geese, the Brahma hens and roosters, the "Bronzes d'Amérique" turkeys, the ducks and ducks of Rouen.
- Rabbits and rabbits, a sow and her piglets, the "Alpine chamois" goats.
Paris farm opening hours
- Door closing times change according to the season.. Go to the Ferme de Paris website to check out the schedule.
- Open every Saturday and Sunday from 1.30 pm.
- Open from Tuesday to Friday during the spring holidays (zone C) and summer holidays from 1.30 pm.
- Closed on public holidays