The Jacquemart-André Museum, a very attractive museum
- The place is beautiful : it is an old mansion, a mansion that belonged to Edouard André and his wife Nélie
- It houses a private art collection in an exceptional location
- Several temporary exhibitions per year and always of high quality
- In the shelter of the boulevard Haussmann (Paris 8ème), we discover the particular hotel, the courtyard, the central staircase and all the reception and exhibition halls.
- Take the audio guide who will tell you the history of this place, the Jacquemart-André family, their travels around Europe, the receptions they organized in this particular house
An exceptional collection
The Jacquemart-André couple was passionate about art. André and his wife Nélie built up a collection of French, Italian, Flemish and Dutch paintings, as well as numerous sculptures, objets d'art and furniture.
- Botticelli, Tiepolo, Caravaggio Canaletto... for Italian painters
- Fragonard, Boucher, Chardin, Drouais ... for French works
- Rembrandt for the Flemish
The Jacquemart-André Museum and children
- The Jacquemart André Museum offers guided family tours to help children discover the museum's permanent collections. There are :
- The visit for 8-14 years old : "Like princes at the Jacquemart-André museum". This guided tour shows children the splendours of a Parisian mansion and allows them to discover in a playful way some of the masterpieces of the Jacquemart André collection. This visit is also privatizable for family visits or birthdays. To get a quote and availability, contact us by e-mail.
- Count 1h30 for these guided family tours
Celebrate your birthday at the Jacquemart André Museum
The Jacquemart André Museum welcomes children for birthday parties
The formula for the 4/6 years old. It consists of a course of your choice:
- either a playful visit and a KAPLA workshop (construction of a building based on Panini's "Architectural Caprice")
- or a treasure hunt: the animals of the museum
- The afternoon ends with a snack at the Jacquemart-André café (choice of cake with candles, sweets, drinks).
The formula for 7/12 years old3 formulas to choose from:
- either a playful visit and a workshop of pastel copying on an easel on the theme of the portrait: the children make a copy of an 18th century portrait (Largillière, Fragonard, Perroneau)
- either a playful visit and a workshop of pastel copying on an easel on the theme of still life: children reproduce one or more objects that are presented to them.
- or an enigma hunt: Au voleur! A visit of the museum where children put themselves in the shoes of a detective
- The day ends with a snack at the Jacquemart-André café (cakes with candles, sweets, drinks).
Practical information :
- Count 2 hours for a birthday package
- Animation days: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
- Timetable: Departure at 2.15, 3 or 3.45 p.m.
- Conditions: 10 children (of the same age group) maximum per group
- Price: on request
- Reservation required at 01 45 62 39 94
It is a charming, chic and elegant place. A covered and sheltered terrace allows you to have lunch outside when the weather is nice (menu for children). Salads, light dishes and delicious pastries. Sunday brunch from 11am to 2:30pm (children's brunch and adult brunch). Open in nightly every Monday until 19h. It is not possible to make reservations. Open Monday to Friday from 11:45 am to 5:30 pm, Saturday from 11 am.