Current and future exhibitions at the Museum of Modern Art
- Botticelli, artist and designer September 10, 2021 - January 24, 2022
The Jacquemart-André Museum, a very attractive museum
- The place is beautiful It is a former mansion, a bourgeois residence that belonged to Edouard André and his wife Nélie
- It houses a private art collection in an exceptional place
- Several temporary exhibitions per year and always of high quality
- In the shelter of the boulevard Haussmann (Paris 8ème), we discover the mansionThe building is located in the heart of the city, in the courtyard, in the central staircase and in all the reception and exhibition rooms.
- Take the audioguide who will tell you the history of this place, of the Jacquemart-André family, of their travels through Europe, of the receptions they organized in this particular house
An exceptional collection
The Jacquemart-André couple was passionate about art, and André and his wife Nélie built up a collection of French, Italian, Flemish and Dutch paintings. As well as numerous sculptures, objets d'art and furniture.
- Botticelli, Tiepolo, Caravaggio Canaletto? for Italian painters
- Fragonard, Boucher, Chardin, Drouais? for French works
- Rembrandt for the Flemish
The Jacquemart-André Museum and children
- The Jacquemart André Museum offers family tours to introduce children to the museum's permanent collections. There are :
- The visit for 8-14 year olds: "Like princes at the Jacquemart-André Museum". This guided tour shows children the splendor of a Parisian mansion and allows them to discover some of the masterpieces of the Jacquemart André collection in a playful way. This visit can also be privatized for family visits or birthdays. To get a quote and know the availability, contact us by e-mail.
- Count 1h30 for these guided family tours
Celebrate your birthday at the Jacquemart André Museum
The Jacquemart André Museum welcomes children for birthday parties
The formula for the 4/6 years old. It consists of a course of your choice:
- either a playful visit and a KAPLA workshop (construction of a building according to the "Architectural Caprice" of Panini)
- or a treasure hunt: the animals of the museum
- The afternoon ends with a snack at the Jacquemart-André café (choice of cake with candles, sweets, drinks).
The formula for 7/12 years old3 formulas to choose from:
- either a playful visit and a workshop of pastel copying on an easel on the theme of the portrait: the children make a copy of an 18th century portrait (Largillière, Fragonard, Perroneau)
- either a playful visit and a workshop of pastel copying on an easel on the theme of still life: the children reproduce one or more objects that are presented to them.
- or an enigma hunt : Au voleur ! A visit of the museum where children put themselves in the shoes of a detective
- The day ends with a snack at the Jacquemart-André café (cakes with candles, sweets, drinks).
Practical information :
- Count 2 hours for a birthday package
- Animation days: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
- Times: Departure at 2:15, 3:00 or 3:45 pm
- Conditions: 10 children (of the same age group) maximum per group
- Price: on request
- Reservation required at 01 45 62 39 94
The Jacquemart-André café
It is a charming, chic and elegant place. A covered and sheltered terrace allows to have lunch outside when the weather is nice (menu for children). Salads, light dishes and delicious pastries. Sunday brunch from 11am to 2:30pm (children's brunch and adult brunch). Open in nocturne every monday until 19h. It is not possible to make reservations. Open Monday to Friday from 11:45 to 17:30, Saturday from 11:00.