Digital experience at the Atelier des Lumières
The EXPO "Monet, Chagall, Renoir? from impressionism to modernity
- WE LOVE : a total and bluffing sensory experience
- AGE: for all, from 4 years old
- DATE: from February 28, 2020 to January 3, 2021
- LOCATION: the Atelier des Lumières (Paris 11e)
From impressionism to modernity
- This exhibition proposes an itinerant journey, from impressionism to modernity
- An extraordinary immersion in the masterpieces of about twenty artists such as Renoir, Monet, Pissarro, Matisse, Signac, Derain, Vlaminck, Dufy, Chagall?
- This digital exhibition aims to show how the artistic personalities of these great painters are revealed in contact with these maritime landscapes and how the pictorial modernity is invented
- In 7 sequences and about forty minutes, you are carried away from one artistic movement to another: from impressionism with Monet and Renoir, pointillist with Signac and Cross, through fauvism with Camoin, Derain, Vlaminck, Marquet? without forgetting Matisse
- The immersive exhibition also traces Bonnard and Dufy's fascination with the Mediterranean, and finally arrives at one of the greatest colorists of modern art, Chagall
- All these works are scattered throughout the world. They flood the Atelier des Lumières with their bright colors
- Masterpieces come to liferevealing their colors and their splendor accompanied by the bewitching music of Luca Longobardi. It is absolutely beautiful and bewitching!
- No pedagogy, but pure emotion. For about 40 minutes, the works of art unfold around you, allowing you to admire the detail of a work and then its whole
- A very different experience from a classic exhibition but just as stimulating. The kids will love. They are free to move around as they please in this immersive space, to dance to the music in rhythm with the explosion of colors
- A different exhibition, fun, which is really eye-opening
The Atelier des Lumières, the new cultural place in Paris
- The Workshop of Lights opened in the spring of 2018 in a former smelter in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. This very large exhibition space is perfectly suited to the ambitions of this new Parisian cultural venue.
- The founding principle is put technology at the service of the artistic tradition by appropriating classical pictorial works to make them into gigantic video projections.
- It is another way to organize exhibitions, to discover art, it's amazing and it will please the young publicfor sure!
- In a space of 2000 m2 and 10 meters high, Van Gogh's works are projected on the floor, the ceiling and the walls.
- It is a visual shock, the colors explode. A music accompanies the projection. We are plunged into a sound and light XXL size. More than 3000 images set in motion by 140 laser projectors make this immersive art.