Exhibition at the Museum of Man
The EXPO "I eat therefore I am
- WE LOVE : an exhibition for all tastes (archaeology, culture, nature, science)
- AGE : From 10 years old
- DATE: until 31 August 2020
- LOCATION: Museum of Man (Paris 16th)
"I eat therefore I am", the exhibition with the taste of the day!
- An exhibition on food to allow the general public to discover, by visiting 3 rooms, the aspects of the organic (body and food), cultural (Edible crops) and ecological (consuming nature).
- How does the act of eating shape our identities through cultural practices, rituals and prohibitions?
- What role did food play in our evolution? What were the prehistoric foods?
- Are there "gendered" foods? What are the dietary inequalities between men and women?
- What are the environmental impacts related to the production of resources to feed the world today and tomorrow?
- The visit alternates between current topics (meat, GMOs...) and more surprising ones (microbiology, culinary art...).
- The scenography is sober and sometimes offbeat. You can talk on the phone with the fictional cow, Doctor Moo, about the different diets, sit at a Japanese table or at a desk for lunch or watch an extract from The Wing or the Thigh...