WE love an exhibition for all tastes (archaeology, culture, nature, science)
Age : From 10 years old
Duration: until 31 August 2020
Location: Museum of Man (Paris 16th)
"I eat therefore I am", the fashionable exhibition!
- An exhibition on food to allow the general public to discover by going through 3 rooms the aspects of the organic (body and food), cultural (Edible crops) and ecological (consuming nature).
- How does the act of eating shape our identities through cultural practices, rituals and prohibitions?
- What role did food play in our evolution? What were the prehistoric foods?
- Are there "gendered" foods? What are the dietary inequalities between men and women?
- What are the environmental impacts related to the production of resources to feed the world today and tomorrow?
- The visit alternates between current topics (meat, GMOs...) and more surprising ones (microbiology, culinary art...).
- The scenography is sober and sometimes offbeat. We suggest you exchange by phone with the fictitious cow, Doctor Meuh, on the different diets, to sit at a Japanese table or a desk for lunch or finally to watch an excerpt from The Wing or the Thigh...
Animations for children around the exhibition "I eat therefore I am":
The Musée de l'Homme offers a variety of activities, workshops and family visits, for example :
- the olfactory visit
- the family visit around chocolate
- the sensory visit
- the workshop makes taste...