A magnificent view of Paris and the Greater Paris
The panoramic view and the open air museum
- Access to the 1000m2 terrace on the roof of the Grande Arche de la Défense by taking one of the panoramic glass elevators. A spectacular and impressive ascent in the middle of the architecture of this huge building built by great architects
- 110 m above the ground, a 100 m long promenade bridge crosses the building in the continuity of the historical axis: a unique 360° view of the Greater Paris area and Paris.
- You will be able to discover among other things the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, the Montparnasse Tower, the Fondation Vuitton, the Mont Valérien...
- The roof terrace of the Arche de la Défense is home to the largest open-air museum in France. On display are artists like Calder (the Stabile) or César (the Thumb) . 60 monumental works are installed there.
The Grande Arche de La Défense, exhibition space
- MATTHIEU RICARD ? HYMN TO BEAUTY (until November 30, 2022)
- Paparazzi, from A to Z (until February 27, 2022)
- CYRIL KONGO (from December 20 to March 20, 2020)
- YANN ARTHUS-BERTRAND RETROSPECTIVE (June 28 to December 1, 2019)
- "WHEN THE MASK FALLS" BY STÉPHANE DE BOURGIES
- JEAN-MARIE PERIER (from January 15 to March 3, 2019)
- NIKOS ALIAGAS ? THE TEST OF TIME ? PHOTOGRAPHIC INSTANTS (from October 23, 2018 to January 6, 2019)
Tickets also valid for temporary exhibitions
La Arche de La Défense skating rink (event ended)
This year again, on the occasion of the end of year celebrations, an ephemeral christmas ice rink is installed at a height of 110m on the roof of the Arche de la Défense! From this 300m2 ice rink, the 360° view of all of Paris is absolutely magnificent: the Eiffel Tower, Montmartre, the Arc de Triomphe? and the atmosphere is very family-oriented and friendly.
- It is possible to lunch on sitebut the quality is not always there. Think about take your picnic and have lunch in the park : it's much more fun.
- Access by train : RER B(3), get off at Charles De Gaulle Airport Terminal 1, Terminal 3. Then take a shuttle (there are every 30 minutes).
- Access by car : by the A1 freeway towards Lille, between exit 7 and 8. It takes about 40 minutes from Paris.
- By air-conditioned coach from Paris (departure at 8:15 am)