WE LOVE : colored glass sculptures. A playful and poetic universe
AGE for all
DATES until January 9, 2022
TOUR TIME : about 1 hour
RATE : Free of charge
HOURS Every day (except Monday) from 10 am to 6 pm. Nocturne on Friday until 9 pm
PLACE Petit Palais (Paris 8ème)
70 works by Jean-Michel Othoniel at the Petit Palais: an enchantment for young and old
- Jean Michel Othoniel, we know him without necessarily knowing it! The metro exit made of colored glass beads located in the Palais Royal square in front of the Comédie Française: it's him!
- The Petit Palais, currently offers 70 new works in the museum and its garden.
- It is a free exhibition, open to all.
- This is his largest solo exhibition in Paris since his "My Way" retrospective at the Centre Pompidou in 2011.
- The Othoniel exhibition at the Petit Palais begins as of the steps of the entrance of the Petit Palais, with the Blue River.
- We then admire the glass sculptures in the museum's inner garden. The glass sculptures are suspended from the trees or placed on the water; they interact with the architecture of the Petit Palais and the gold of its garden. It is already very beautiful.
- In our opinion, the most spectacular is "the cave of Narcissus" in the basement of the Petit Palais. Sculptures of all colors float in the space above a sea of blue bricks. A splendor.
- The effect is poetic, colorful, playful. Children will love it!