- WE love : the opportunity to see painters rarely exhibited in France, major figures of German expressionism
- Age: for all, from 7 years old in free visit
- Duration: until June 17, 2019
- Location: Museum of the Orangery (Paris 8th)
Free evening on March 28 from 7:30 pm
The Franz Marc / August Macke - The Adventure of the Blue Rider: An Explosion of Color exhibition
- The exhibition presents two major figures of German expressionism and the Der Blaue Reiter movement Blue Rider], Franz Marc (1880-1916) and August Macke (1887-1914).
- Inspired by the Post-Impressionists such as Cézanne and Van Gogh, and by Fauvism, Franz Marc and August Macke created their own aesthetic with the Blaue Reiter movement.
- Alongside Kandinsky, they succeeded in expressing their deep emotions through fascinating canvases, with bright colors.
- Mobilized in August 1914, they both died at the front
The Adventure of the Blue Rider, the exhibition adapted to children
This exhibition is suitable for children from 7 years old (free visit) and from
5 years old with the visit-workshop. It was an opportunity for them to discover German expressionism
German expressionism. The very colorful works of the two artists (Franz Mark and August Macke) are very accessible to
young public. The representations are not realistic, the horse is blue, the sheep are
green ? It is a universe that will intrigue and please the youngest.
The Musée de l'Orangerie offers a special exhibition for children:
THE VISIT - WORKSHOP : The riders of expressionism
Family visit of the exhibition with a guide who puts himself within reach of children, then in the workshop, parents and children use drawing and painting to ride through forms and colors between figuration and abstraction.
- for children from 5 to 12 years old
- Duration: 2 hours
- Price : 8 ? per workshop
- At 15h on the following dates:
- Wednesday, March 13
- Wednesday, March 27
- Saturday, March 30
- Sunday April 7th
- Saturday, April 13
- Wednesday April 17th
- Wednesday, April 24
- Thursday, April 25
- Saturday, May 11
- Wednesday 22 May
- Sunday, May 26
- Saturday, June 1
- Wednesday, June 12